Sonic's Birthday

Sonic: Wait, what day and time did you say it was?

Tails: It's 5:43 on November 25th, Why?

Sonic looked horrified.

Sonic: Dammit, alright, I'll be right back...

Sonic ran upstairs and came back with a black baggy hoodie, a brown bandana, and a red backpack. He ran into the fireplace, and came back gray,

He was covered in soot. He put on the black hoodie, and put the bandana over his muzzle, he swapped out his gloves with ones from inside the backpack and put on different colored contacts. It was only then that I realized he had on different shoes.

Sonic: Phew, hopefully I'm unrecognizable.

Knuckles: you look alright, be careful, and don't engage.

Sonic: Yeah, yeah, I'll be fine.

Outside

Sonic's P.O.V

I slowly walked outside, I smelt smoke?

'OH NO! MY CHILDHOOD HOME IS ON FIRE.' *Gulp* 

Me: Fire.

I winced at the thought as I made it over there, rather slowly that way the soot didn't come off.

I ran inside the house grabbing whatever I could find, Old photos, some books, a jean jacket, an old record, some more blueprints, a karaoke machine, and a small velvet box.

I ran out of the house just in time to watch it collapse.

I started whimpering, my eyes watering up.

I was caught and dragged over to the town plaza, where everyone was gathered and cheering, I was brought to the front and held down. I saw a noose and two bodies, the head covered with black nylon hoods. I could instantly tell who it was though.

Me: Unk? Mom.

 I screamed when the lever was pulled.

Everyone cleared out and reburied the bodies. Dragging me along to watch,

It made me sick, my organs were turning inside out, when I was let go of, and everyone left. I cried.

Me: M-Mom, Unc-le c-ch-uck...Why?

I dragged myself back to the house, hosed off the soot, and fell. My back slumped against the door.

Inside

Tails' P.O.V

It's been a while since sonic left and I'm starting to get worried.

Just then everyone heard something scrape against the front door.

Knuckles: I'll go get it.

Knuckles opened the door to sonic. The latter turned around and jumped on knuckles, he started crying hard.

Knuckles: hey, calm down, what did they do to you?

Sonic: They...the...hu-ng..t-he-m..a-aga-in and...and lit t-he hous-e on fi-re.

Knuckles: They did all of that just to mess with you Sonic, you can't let it get to you.

Sonic had calmed down

Sonic: I-i know it just...still hurts, so much, knowing that I couldn't save them, I can't save anyone. And seeing that again made me ache, it felt like I was reliving it.

We all stared at knuckles. How did he understand all of Sonic's gibberish in the beginning? Why was sonic crying? What had made him hurt and ache? Why didn't he acknowledge the fact that today was his birthday?