Sonic's little adventure

Shadow's P.O.V

We went downstairs to see everyone on the couches in the living room, sonic was asleep in scourge's lap. I sat down next to scourge and rouge and knuckles sat next to me.

A little while later

Scourge: Hey shadow, I'm gonna go make a drink, can you hold him?

Me: Sure, I can.

Scourge gently handed him to me and left.

I stared down at him. He looked so peaceful, vulnerable, and precious.

Everyone: Awww!!!

It was in that moment I decided...

Me: I'm gonna protect you no matter what...Sonic, I promise.

Rouge and knuckles seem to have been the only ones to have heard me since knuckles took scourge's old spot next to me and sonic. Me and rouge were talking about what could've happened to sonic when knuckles nudged me a bit, no doubt to get my attention

Me: Hm?

Knuckles: You look like his older brother, maybe you're starting to subconsciously act like it too.

Me: What do you mean?

Knuckles: Look down.

I looked down to see I had wrapped him up in a golden blanket in my lap and i was running my gloved hand through his quills, he was purring softly, he looked adorable (REMEMBER NOT A SHIP) Tails walked by,

Tails: Wow shadow you really do look like his older brother.

Me: I guess I do. I whispered

Knuckles: Shadow, I hope you know that you being his big brother is something he desperately needs, it's been a while since he had someone to look after him, you know?

I glanced down at him, silver took rouge's spot as she went back to fiona

Me: Hey Silver, what's up?

Silver: Hi Shadow, Not gonna lie but you look kinda cute with him in your arms.

EGGMAN ATTACKING; EGGMAN ATTACKING; EGGMAN ATTACKING;

Sonic jumped out of my arms and automatically dashed to eggman

Me: Everyone else stay here, amy come with me.

I dashed to Sonic, with Amy trailing behind me.

Eggman: Well, well, sonic didn't think you'd actually come back here.

Sonic's eyes glazed over.

Sonic: Why are you here?

Eggman: Cutting to the chase, huh? Well if that's the case then I came here to test something out.

Sonic glared at him coldly.

Sonic: What On Who?

Eggman: OHHOHOHO, you already know who, I just can't believe that you're here in the beginning of november, no less. It's perfect.

A light came from behind us and struck sonic in the chest, he shrunk a couple of feet, maybe smaller than tails, by the time I looked back up eggman was already gone.

I ran over and picked up sonic and ran to the house. I passed by Amy and picked her up too. We made it back and everyone wanted to know what was wrong with sonic. We all sat down and I showed him to them, tails scanned him.

Tails: The effects should be temporary, he's not harmed, he should wake up soon.

Me and knuckles: Phew, thank goodness!!