Business card

„Another drink?" asked the blond middle-aged bartender.

„Yes, please" I mused, feeling the slight dizziness in my head. He took the bottle of alcohol with the golden liquid sparkling as the bar lights reflected it – whiskey. Pouring the liquer over the three ice cubes already inside the glass, I held it up and took a sip. I was alone, sitting at the bar in my jeans, tight shirt with revealing cleavage and a leather jacket by my side. Speaking of my cleavage, I noticed some creepy asshole in his 30s staring right at my boobs, no shame whatsoever. I looked him up and down in annoyance, turning back to my drink.

„Hey, pretty baby" my hold on the drink tightened. It was the man, sauntering his disgusting frame right to me, the smell of body odor, cheap perfume and alcohol hitting my nose. I turned, letting my disgust show.

„Do we know eachother?"

The bartender, thank God, noticed this.

„Something wrong over here? Is he bothering you, miss?" I immediately nodded and the bartender called security on the man. I thanked him and continued with enjoying my night – as if I could find answers at the bottom of my glass.

„That son-of-a-bitch, cheating on me like that" I mumbled, throwing back the shot I ordered before. After that I payed, leaving a generous tip for the save before, put on my jacket and left.

The night was chilly as I huddled into the jacket, making me realise leather was not the best way to keep yourself warm.

„It's okay, only 20 minutes, Scarlett. You'll manage'' I mumbled to myself, walking the direction to my apartment building. But the cold and my clouded judgement because of the alcohol made me take the shortest path – through alleys. I tried to rationalize my thinking; you're not conventionally atractive, you're fat, nobody will care for someone like you. With that, I turned into the dark alley and sped through it. To my annoyance and also a hint of horror, I heard a voice behind me.

„Is that you, pretty baby? Shit, you wanted me afterall, huh?"

I didn't look back – I just quickened my pace, hearing his steps behind me also quicken; he was faster since he was more fit than me. The only thing that was in my favour was the alcohol coursing through his veins as he stumbled every once in a while. The adrenaline made my heart beat faster as I began to run – succesfully creating some distance between us.

After what felt like forever, I made it to my apartment building – the man now out of sight. However, luck seemed to leave my side once more when I couldn't find my keys.

„Shit, where are they" I hurried, sifting through my bag.

„I see you, baby!" the man howlered through the empty night street, my heart in my throat.

,,Why me, why me..." the man got closer as I backed into the door, checking my pockets. But something happened – the door to the apartment building opened. My brows rose up in surprise, before I found myself in a pair of arms as I heard the door close.

„You okay?" spoke a voice behind me. I quickly composed myself, my lungs working overtime, a bead of sweat travelling down the side of my forehead. My head turning towards the glass main door to see where the creep was, I tried to slow my breathing. The man glared, also scoffing at the person behind me, yelling that I was a bitch and left.

„Who was that?"

My body turned to the male voice, ready to thank him, when I saw who it was. I was here for a vacation, been her for a month or so, but I did hear some talk about some businessman around my age living here – quite succesfull at that. And low and behold, he was standing right in front of me.