- ★ | bonus chapter | #02

Start from the beginning

“That night, we exchanged names and learned a lot about each other. But, I ended up having to leave because the person I came with wanted to go home, and I was the designated driver.”

“I left the room that night without getting his number or anything, and I realized just before I was about to leave the party. When I went back to the room to ask, he was already gone.”

“When I got home and went to sleep, he was on my mind. I wondered if he knew how.. enchanting it was to meet him.”

“It kept me up at night. And though the odds were low, I could only hope that it wouldn't be the last I ever saw him.”

“Those times were a reflection of the bridge. 'This is me praying that this was the very first page, not where the storyline ends. My thoughts will echo your name until I see you again’.”

________

TRACK #003 — Begin Again
“Begin Again is a song I wrote about when I realized that my feelings were true, and not just infatuation.”

“I dated once before in Highschool. My relationship wasn't very healthy, but it was all I knew. I thought love like what I wished to experience only existed in the movies, but I longed for it.”

“After meeting up with Jay for the first time in person since we met at the party, I believe that day was the day I had finalized my feelings towards him — even without realizing it properly at the time.”

“I think I was worried it was going to be awkward, and that we weren't going to click like we did fully at the party. But, my worries were dismissed when I saw him again when we met up at a café.”

“We talked for a while. He listened to everything I had to say, and seemed genuinely interested in my hobbies and the things I had to say. I was so bewildered.”

“The song itself is based on that day entirely as I looked back at it. ‘But on a Wednesday, in a café, I watched it begin again’.

___________

TRACK #004 — “Slut!”
“Despite its very bold title, the song is actually sweet and kind of melodical. During the process of getting to know Jay more, I was shamed a lot by someone I knew back then just for merely believing we stood a chance.”

“I realized then, if I was going to be shamed for being able to believe that I could be loved, it would be worth it if it was true.”

“I stopped caring what certain people had to say about it. I stopped caring whether or not I was ‘pretty enough’, or ‘smart enough’. I took a chance and I'm glad I did.”

__________

TRACK #005 — Innocent
“Track number five, Innocent, is about someone I used to be very close friends with. The friendship itself was filled with toxicity, and I failed to leave even after being given plenty of chances to do so.”

“I believed that this person could change — that they could find kindness in their heart to reflect and learn from their issues.”

“And, if leaving and ending the friendship was going to help them change and also help my own mental health, then I would.”