Part 7

Leaving the elevator we looked around noticing that the security guys were gone which was strange, so we moved towards where the survivors were and after the door opened we were met with guns aimed at us.

Y/N: Didn't expect this.

???: I'm sorry about this, commander's. We've got orders from Benezia. Open fire!

Quickly we took out our guns and fired back as I specifically aimed for the captain, and killed him before he got into cover, then we had to deal with three more guards and I lifted one from the ground and shot her as Shepard and Liara dealt with the other two. 

Shepard: Come on, lets get going.

Y/N: Yes, ma'am. 

We walked to the room where the security was still on with two drones still active, but with a grenade or two the drones weren't a problem. Into the next room more guards were waiting for us as we got into cover, but Liara used singularity and all the guards started to  float around making them easy targets for us.

We kept dealing with the guards that got in our way until we got to an elevator which took us down and looked through the door to our left and in a bigger room up some stairs was Benezia. 

Benezia: You do not know the privilege of being a mother. There is power in creation. To shape life. Turn it toward happiness of despair. Her children will be ours. Raised to hunt and slay Saren's enemies. I won't be moved by sympathy. No matter who you bring into this confrontation.

Shepard: Liara's here because she wants to be. Not because I asked her to.

Benezia: Indeed? What have you told her about me, Liara?

Liara: What could I say, mother? That you're insane? Evil? Should  I explain how to kill you? What could I say?

Benezia: Have you faced an asari commando unit before? Few humans have.

Y/N: I survived a bunch of thresher maws, does that count?

Shepard sighed as she pat me on the back.

Y/N: What? Did I ruin a mood?

Shepard: Just keep quiet for a minute. And you, I can't believe you'd kill your own daughter. 

Benezia: I now realize I should have been stricter with her. As you should be with him. 

She then used stasis on us as more asari rushed into the room and when they got into position we were free, and quickly used lift on one of them as we focused fire on the one walking down the stairs. When the asari died the other one fell to the ground and we quickly finished her off, but Benezia was behind a shield and summoned geth and we went to deal with them.

After we killed them pretty easily more kept coming in waves until finally Benezia dropped her shield after using it for to long. 

Benezia: This is not over. Saren is unstoppable. My mind is filled with his light. Everything is clear. 

Shepard: The rachni didn't cooperate with you. Why should I?

Benezia: I will not betray him. You will-- You... You must listen. Saren still whispers in my mind. I can fight his compulsions. Briefly. But the indoctrination is strong. 

Y/N: How do we know that you're not tricking us right now?

Benezia: I sealed a part of my mind away from the indoctrination. Saving it for a moment when I could help destroy him. It will not last long.

Shepard: So you can turn on us again.

Benezia: Yes. But it would not be my will, Commander's. People are not themselves around Saren. You came to idolize him. Worship him. You would do anything for him. The key is Sovereign, his flagship. It is a dreadnought of incredible size and its power is extraordinary.