part 2

Chakwas: Y/N you have to get some rest, she's fine just unconscious.

Y/N: But I don't want to. It was my fault if she died I would have lost it. Besides I'm sitting I'm technically resting.

Chakwas: I know but she will be perfectly fine right here now-

Y/N: She's awake!

Shepard started getting up then sat at the edge of the bed.

Chakwas: You had us worried there, Y/N more than others.

Y/N: You can't keep a secret can you?

Chakwas: I can just not for you. How are you feeling Shepherd?

Shepard: How did I end up here? How long was I out?

Chakwas: About fifteen hours commander L/N wouldn't leave your side. Something happened down there with the beacon, I think.

Y/N: It's my fault Shepherd I triggered something when I stood to close to the beacon, and you had to toss me out of the way.

Shepard: You had no way of knowing what would happen.

Y/N: Still it never should have happened.

A few seconds later I felt a pair of arms wrap around me looking up I saw Shepherd.

Y/N: Heh. The great commander Shepard hugging a soldier, shocking.

Shepherd: Shut up.

I could feel she was smiling and after a bit of time someone cleared their throat. Backing away I felt my face heat up, and when I took a peak at Shepard her face was red. Looking over to the door Captain Anderson was looking at us.

Anderson: How's our XO holding up, doctor?

Chakwas: All the readings look normal. I'd say the commander is going to be fine.

Anderson: Glad to hear it. Shepherd, I need to speak to you -- in private.

Y/N: Understood sir. I'll see you later Shepard.

Getting up from a chair I left the medical room finding another seat I closed my eyes finding myself drift off into a dream. Opening my eyes I found myself on the normandy but not in the location of where I original was, also it being so blue. Going to the cockpit I noticed Joker wasn't there but a man with a long nose was.

???: Hmm? You shouldn't be here yet. I'll have to send you back.

Before I could speak I was suddenly woken up by Shepard.

Shepherd: Come on lets get to the cockpit.

Getting up I followed Shepard but I couldn't shake off the dream I had.

Y/N: Where are we going?

Shepard: The citadel.

Y/N: Understood.

Following Shepard I noticed that the ship wasn't blue anymore, and Joker was back in his seat.

Joker: Good timing. Commanders. I was just about to bring us in to the citadel. See that taxpayer money at work.

After docking we made our way to ambassador Udina's office with me and him not having that good of a history. I just stared off into space while Udina complained to the council.

Udina: Captain Anderson. I see you brought half your crew... L/N.

Y/N: Udina how's the jaw?

He just ignored me as he looked back at Anderson.

Anderson: I brought those that touched down at Eden prime. In case you have any questions.

Udina: I have the mission reports. I assume they're accurate?