part 3

Y/N: Why do elevators take years to reach the top?

Shepard: I have no idea.

When the doors opened I saw the normandy docked, Anderson and Udina were right outside of the normandy's door.

Udina: I've got news for you Shepard. Captain Anderson is stepping down as commanding officer of the Normandy. The ship is yours now. 

Anderson: she's quick and quiet and you know the crew perfect ship for the spectre. Treat her well, commander.

Y/N: Do I get my own ship too?

Udina: No your working under Shepherd.

Y/N: What do you not trust me?

Udina: Not at all.

Shepard: I'll take good care of her, sir. I'll also keep an eye on L/N.

Y/N: Don't make it sound like I can't take care of myself.

Anderson: I know you will, commander.

Y/N: Don't agree with everyone Anderson.

I felt someone pat my back and saw that it was Shepherd.

Y/N: Any idea where Saren is?

Anderson: Saren's gone. Don't even try to find him. But we know what he's after: the conduit. He's got his geth scouring the traverse looking for clues.

Udina: We had reports of geth in the Feros system shortly before our colony there dropped out of contact. And there has been sightings around Noveria.

Anderson: Find out what Saren was after on Feros and Noveria. Maybe both of you can figure out where the conduit is before he does.

Shepard: We'll stop him.

Udina: We have one more lead. Matriarch Benezia, the other voice on the recording. She has a daughter, a scientist who specializes in the protheans. We don't know if shes involved but it might be a good idea to try and find her. See what she knows. Her name's Liara. Dr. Liara T'Soni. We have reports she was exploring an archeological dig on one of the uncharted worlds in the Artemis Tau cluster.

Y/N: We have enough people to send me and a small group to one planet, and then Shepard can take another group to another other planet.

Anderson: Well it's commander Shepards decision. You both are spectres now. You don't answer to us.

Udina: But both of your actions still reflect on humanity as a whole. You make a mess and I get stuck cleaning it up.

Shepard: I'll try not to make things harder on you, ambassador.

Everyone started looking at me like I was suppose to say something.

Y/N: No promises.

Udina: Shepherd make sure he doesn't blow up a cluster.

Shepard: I will, ambassador.

Udina: Remember that both of you were human long before you were a spectre. I have a meeting to get to. Captain Anderson can answer any questions you might have.

Y/N: Permission to blow up a cluster if absolutely necessary.

Anderson: No.

Y/N: Then I will be on the Normandy.

After waiting in the cockpit for a bit Shepherd showed up.

Joker: I heard what happened to captain Anderson. Survive a hundred battles, and then gets taken down by backroom politics. Just watch back, commanders. Things go bad on this mission, you're next on their chopping block.