Part 5

Once inside the Comms room everyone sat down while I sat beside Shepard and Liara noticed Shepard looking ill. 

Liara: Commander? You look... Pale. Are you suffering any ill effects from the cipher?

Shepard: The cipher shook me up a bit.

Liara: I might be able to help you. I am an expert on the Protheans. If I join my consciousness with yours maybe we can make sense of it. 

Shepard: Do it. Hurry. We don't have much time.

Both of them stood in the middle of the comms room while we waited for Liara to finish.

Liara: Relax, Commander. Embrace eternity!

After a few seconds passed they were done.

Liara: That was incredible! All this time. All my research. Yet I never dreamed... I'm sorry. The images were so vivid. I never imagined the experience would be so... intense.

Y/N: Liara what did you see?

Liara: The beacon on Eden prime must have been badly damaged. Large parts of the vision are missing. The data transferred into the commander's mind is incomplete.  

Shepard: Then what's next?

Liara: I was able to interpret the data relayed through your vision. What was there, at least. But something was missing. Saren must have the missing information. Maybe he found another beacon. If we can find the missing data from your vision I can-- Whoa! I'm sorry. The joining is... Exhausting. I should go to the medical bay and lie down for a moment.

Shepard: Maybe Dr. Chakwas should take a look at you? 

Liara: That won't be necessary. I just need some rest. Somewhere quiet.

Shepard: We're done here. Dismissed.

Liara: It was nice meeting you Commander L/N.

Y/N: You too. 

Then Joker came on the Comms.

Joker: I've sent off the Feros report, Commander. You want me to patch you through the council?

Shepard looked at me and I just groaned.

Shepard: Patch them through, Joker. 

Joker: Setting up the link now, Commander.

Y/N: Wait what? 

Then the council was now in front of us using holograms.

Tevos: Commander. ExoGeni should have told us about the Thorian. It would have made you job much easier. 

Valern: You might have been able to capture it for study instead of destroying it. 

Y/N: Well that went out the window when I threw an explosive at it's face...

Valern: ... That wasn't in the report.

Y/N: Slipped my mind... Also the Thorian would have enslaved the minds of anyone who studied it, and they would have ended up as thralls.

Tevos: Perhaps it's for the best, then. At least the colony was saved.

Sparatus: Of course it was saved. L/N would go to any length to help a human colony. 

Y/N: Like how any Turian would have turned to the geth and start a genocide.  

Immediately my brain registered what came out of my mouth.

Y/N: Bye!

Joker: Uh-oh. So... I'm sorry, sir. We lost that connection. 

Sitting down in the chair I put my hands on my head thinking on how this would turn out.