Chapter 64

The atmosphere turned awkward for a moment as the lady questioned Lobel about her appearance, especially coming from someone as beautiful as the young master, stirring the air. However, Lobel casually responded.

"But you know what? The young master is more beautiful than me... Watching you so closely, I feel so nervous that it's hard to breathe. Can't we take a short break and continue later?"

As Lobel complained, Crimson, who had been half-dozing near the wall, covered his mouth with his hand. Sylvette immediately ushered him out, her face expressing disapproval.

However, Edric gazed at Lobel with warm and affectionate eyes. Even without hearing, everyone in the room could guess the next words.

'Could the young master even make such an expression....?'

His face seemed willing to fulfill any desire, a surprising realization for Sylvette.

With that, Edric readily brought water from a prepared snack.

He handed it to Lobel. While it was overly friendly for a servant to do so, Sylvette quietly observed. Although servants usually served drinks at events, there were occasions when nobles personally offered each other drinks to showcase camaraderie.

"Now, young master, please have some."

However, Sylvette was suspicious of the following scene.

'Lobel... Why are you giving the drink you were drinking to the young master?'

Even more surprising was what happened next.

Edric, as if it were natural, drank the remaining water in one go. Sylvette was torn between pointing it out immediately or pretending not to notice. As she hesitated, Edric, with a much more relaxed expression, invited Lobel to dance again.

Certainly, the break seemed to have improved things.

Holding Lobel's hand with one hand and placing the other on her waist, he smoothly led her in a turn. Whenever Lobel's foot threatened to slip, Edric quickly detected it and provided support, displaying the swift reflexes expected from Descartes' successor.

However, as Sylvette continued to watch them, she couldn't shake off a strange sense of discomfort.

'Why... are they so skilled?'

Even in a master-servant relationship, sticking closely together with someone of the same gender could be quite burdensome, but there was no hesitation in the way they looked at each other.

Feeling increasingly strange, Sylvette decided to put an end to it.

"That's enough. You're excellent. You did very well."

"Yeah. There's nothing Lobel can't do."

Edric seemed unusually pleased, and Sylvette readily played along.

"Yes. Very Descartes-like of you."

However, unexpectedly, the response was lengthy.

"Well, indeed, I am Descartes's master. I excel in writing, ancient language interpretation, and more. Have you noticed? Even earlier, when I almost stepped on Lobel's foot, she skillfully adjusted her shoe to cover up my mistake."

... The young master isn't usually so talkative, is he?

Sylvette found it perplexing but listened quietly.

Then, as if Edric had been holding back, he continued boasting about Lobel.

His voice grew louder, and his cheeks blushed even more beautifully. It was a day when emotions were openly displayed.