Chapter 63

Sylvette, playing the role of the prince's mentor, managed to prepare for the lesson seamlessly, even within a tight schedule.

However, a problem arose.

As vast and splendid as the Denkart estate was, there was ample space for dance practice, but choosing a partner presented a challenge.

Who would serve as the prince's dance partner?

Even though there were many noble ladies who could fit the role perfectly, the choice was puzzling. Should they invite a lady from a noble family, or delegate the role to a maid or servant?

Strangely enough, the chosen partner turned out to be me.

Sylvette argued that, despite my height, I had a light and graceful movement, making me suitable for the role. The expression on her face seemed to say, "Take it as an honor, young servant."

While receiving free high-quality education was tempting, I considered declining. However, the prince's face darkened upon hearing my reluctance.

"No. If Lobel doesn't like it."

His bitter smile conveyed a complex message.

"Go on, Lobel."

Upon hearing those words, I had no choice but to leave.

It seems that the prince's particular expression made refusing difficult for anyone, not just me.

So, convincing himself that "Ibo, you've been doing well with skill verification, and you've already memorized the entire geography here!" He nodded approvingly. As a result, the situation unfolded to this point.

"Um, I, I, this crazy guy... now he's even cross-dressing just to impress the young master..."

"Surprise! No hands? Knock and come in!!"

While inspecting the dress I hadn't worn in a long time in front of the full-length mirror, Crimson, my older brother, looked at me as if I were a cross-dressing pervert.

Fearing that I might accidentally reveal my dress-wearing appearance, I sincerely scolded him. However, Crimson completely ignored it.

From head to toe, he looked at the elegant frilled dress as if observing a strange organism.

Since Wayne had gathered the young master this morning, Crimson probably didn't know the situation and could easily misunderstand.

I actively explained, "Madam Sylvette asked for help with the young master's social dance lesson."

"What? The young master is dancing??"

It seemed almost impossible to believe. Well, even I, who heard it directly, found it puzzling, but Crimson was giving a look that said it was hard to believe.

Will it be all right?

Adding a bit more explanation, Crimson's expression became complicated.

"Well... is it because of the engagement talk going around?..."

No matter how much I thought about it, it didn't seem to be the case. However, Crimson kept ignoring my words and checked the dress once again.

As the young master had chosen an outfit with frills, I could wear a dress with frills from the neck to the arms.

Wrapped tightly all over, the upper body was adorned with frills. Fortunately, thanks to that, the bandage used for binding underneath didn't show, which was a relief.

Even though a long-sleeved dress in summer would normally feel hot and stuffy, the fabric was so good that it didn't feel too warm.

"What's this smell again?"