As the minutes ticked by, the anticipation of Chaeyoung's father's arrival hung heavy in the air, casting a palpable sense of tension over the mansion. The maids moved with a sense of urgency, their movements quick and efficient as they prepared every last detail for his arrival.Jisoo watched from the sidelines, her heart pounding in her chest as she felt the weight of Chaeyoung's apprehension radiating from her. She could see the worry etched in Chaeyoung's features, the furrow of her brow and the tightness of her jaw betraying her inner turmoil.Every sound seemed to echo louder in the silence, each footstep and rustle of fabric adding to the sense of anticipation that filled the room. Jisoo's own nerves were on edge, her mind racing with a million questions and uncertainties about what lay ahead.

As the time drew nearer, the atmosphere grew increasingly charged, the tension mounting with each passing moment. Jisoo could feel the weight of expectation bearing down on them, a heavy burden that seemed to press in from all sides. But amidst the apprehension and uncertainty, there was also a glimmer of hope, a flicker of determination in Chaeyoung's eyes that spoke of resilience and strength. Jisoo clung to that hope like a lifeline, drawing strength from the unwavering resolve of her wife. As they stood on the precipice of Chaeyoung's father's arrival, Jisoo couldn't help but feel a sense of unease mingled with anticipation, knowing that their lives were about to be irrevocably changed by the events that lay ahead. But no matter what the future held, she vowed to stand by Chaeyoung's side, ready to face whatever challenges came their way, together. Maybe Kim Jisoo was in love or maybe it was her duty as a wife.

Chaeyoung and Jisoo stood side by side at the entrance of the grand mansion, flanked by a retinue of maids and butlers, their hearts pounding in unison as they awaited the arrival of Chaeyoung's father. The air crackled with anticipation, every breath heavy with the weight of expectation.

As the distant rumble of an engine reached their ears, their gaze turned towards the winding driveway, where a sleek black limousine appeared on the horizon. It moved with a stately grace, gliding effortlessly towards them like a harbinger of impending change.

Jisoo felt Chaeyoung's hand tighten around hers, a silent reassurance amidst the mounting tension. Together, they watched with bated breath as the limousine drew closer, each passing moment stretching out into eternity.

Finally, with a soft hiss of brakes, the limousine came to a stop before them, the doors swinging open to reveal Chaeyoung's father, a man who had power others wished to have. The butlers stood tall, and the maids all watched with forced smiles. He snapped his fingers causing the butlers to immediately rush to his aid, a woman appeared besides him, instead of a serious face, she had a bright smile.

"Welcome, Father," Chaeyoung greeted, her voice betraying a hint of nervousness as she stepped forward to embrace him. "It's been too long."

Her father's response was a curt nod, his eyes scanning the surroundings with a critical gaze. "Indeed," he replied tersely, his attention already drifting towards the grandeur of the mansion before him. "I trust everything has been maintained to my standards in my absence?"

"Yes, Father," Chaeyoung replied, her tone respectful but tinged with apprehension. "The staff has worked tirelessly to ensure that everything is in order for your return."

At her side, Jisoo observed the exchange with quiet concern, her eyes flickering between Chaeyoung and her father. She could sense the tension that hung in the air, thick and suffocating, like a storm on the horizon. And yet, amidst the palpable unease, there was a glimmer of hope in Chaeyoung's eyes as she turned to greet her mother, a woman whose warm smile offered a stark contrast to her father's stern demeanor.

"Mother," Chaeyoung said with genuine warmth, stepping forward to embrace the woman who had always been a source of comfort in the imposing shadow of her father. "It's wonderful to see you."

Her mother returned the embrace with equal affection, her eyes shining with maternal pride. "My dear Chaeyoung," she said softly, her voice filled with warmth, "you look more beautiful than ever."

"You remember my wife, Jisoo."

Chaeyoung's mother turned her gaze to Jisoo, her smile widening at the sight of the woman who had captured her daughter's heart. "Of course, how could I forget?" she exclaimed, extending her hand in greeting.

Jisoo accepted the gesture with a polite nod, her demeanor poised and dignified despite the nerves that fluttered in her stomach. "It's a pleasure to see you again, Mrs. Park," she replied, her voice steady despite the tumultuous emotions swirling within her.

Mrs. Park's eyes twinkled with warmth as she regarded Jisoo, a hint of approval shining through. "The pleasure is all mine, Jisoo," she said warmly, her tone genuine. "You've brought so much joy into Chaeyoung's life."

"Shall we head inside?" Chaeyoung offered, "to catch up?

"Ah yes! I have so many stories to tell!" Mrs. Park stepped away from her daughter and grabbed the arm of her daughter in law's, "Oh, do I have a story for you!" she said dragging Jisoo along inside the house.