Wormwood

Wormwood - Nature's wormer.

Livestock have access to natural forms of wormers.
In the form of a plant in the above cover photo.
Wet season helps with natural worming, as grazing animals have access to an abundance of fresh green grass. Making for lots of runny poo, but that is natures way of cleaning out the system.
Seasons change and so does nature and what is growing. So when plants start to grow around us, I start asking why?

So I've been crossing paths with wormwood for a few months now.

Firstly I can across it when a mentor of mine spoke about the importance of worming our own bodies.
We as humans still need to clean out our internal parasites just like animals and nature in general.

As I have started to look into natural remedies she pointed me in the direction of an anti-parasitic tablet.

One of the three tablets was - Wormwood.

I just wanted to say I have nothing against other products, it's just that after filling my body with man mad drugs for depression for over 20 years with out much help at all I started on my path for other forms of help.
Nutrition has been the main one.
I am constantly growing my knowledge of what to eat and drink and it's a process.
That is also what sparked my interest in my horses nutrition.

Because fast forward 3-4 months I was taking photos of 'weeds' popping up in my garden as I like to know what they are.

And low and behold it was bloody Wormwood!

It was growing wild in my garden.
Nothing in nature is dangerous if you understand it.
Full stop.
If you understand that snakes are venomous and if pissed off will bite you and can kill you then you learn to be careful and wear the correct clothes or take extra care when in nature.
It really is that simple.

So that's why I take photos of plants.
Why I take notice of where they grow. When they grow, if bugs eat the leaves, if not why not and the questions keep going until I my brain stops taking in information and I need to rest.
Then I start again delving into the process all over again.

So this is what I have learnt so far about wormwood.

Wormwood is actually one of the three original ingredients of the alcoholic drink Absenthe!

So yes if you use too much it can make you feel pretty weird. Absenthe has a reputation for being a hallucinogenic. So yes too much is not good.
I heard someone say once - that no one has died from using natural remedies.
It's true! If that happened can you imagine the media frenzy that would happen.
But it is possible that people may die of over using any product's, shit fast food kills people all the time. Too much fat - sugar etc but it was only because the person using it didn't understand the product properly.

So there is a reason why people are being cured from cancers and major diseases and illnesses with just nutrition and there is also great evidence in natural living. Google Blue Zones. It's absolutely fascinating how old people are getting and how fit and healthy they are because they live in the middle of no where.

So we can't blame nature for peoples stupidity or lack of understanding.

So I'm just going to do my best to educate myself and who ever what's to listen to me. Haha.

So back to the Wormwood- When it is used in small doeses and for short periods of time it can have plenty of great benefits such as the following.

It can help with Gastic Ulcers, Tumours, Bladder and bowel movements.

Used as an ointment it can help hair re-growth, eye problems and external parasites such as lice.

So I have picked some Wormwood and have it drying, so that I have access to it when the dry season comes.

I will be using this product when needed through out the year for a natural dewormer for both my horses and my dogs.

I will be using it during travel for my horses if they show signs of distress at competitions.
As a side note Jim one of my horses has a history of ulcers flairing up at competitions. That is simply because of the increased stress and less access to hay - both things I am continuing to improve when we get out to the competitions.

I would rather have quick access to a simple product when needed instead of using a product long term when it isn't needed. Because at home Jim is fine and very rarely shows signs of stomach discomfort. When he does it's because of environmental changes. It is that simple and I am getting better at spotting the signs and knowing why it's happening.

I will make some into an ointment with some more research so that I can use it for the external proposes also.

So now I have more tricks and tips up my sleeve to help me.
I have the time to spend in nature and do my own unique research that I absolutely love exploring.
So that I can then spend my money on fuel and nominations and other things I enjoy. Instead of having large horse feed and supplements that my horses may not even need at that time.
While keeping a natural healthy lifestyle that makes me happy from the inside.

Anyway I'm off to do some more study and research about wormwood. You can never learn enough about this stuff! The more you look into it the more you find.