CHAPTER SIX

DREWS POV

I laid on the hospital bed, longing for my comfortable covers.

Jake held my hand as a fresh wave of pain shot through my body from my leg.

"It stings anytime I move." I murmured.

Jake smiled at me, "I can see if you can get some Tylenol if you want."

"That would be nice, thanks Jake."

He nodded and stood up, letting go of my hand carefully.

He walked over to a nurse and began speaking with her.

I rolled over, grunting as the pain hit my leg. How long would I be in here??

A moment later, he reappeared with some Tylenol.

I took the pill and swallowed it.

I shivered, the thin layer I had for a blanket was doing me no good.

Jake looked at me for a second before taking his jacket off and reaching his hand out to me, trying to give it to me.

My eyes widened in surprise, "What? I thought you love that jacket! I don't wanna-"

Jake interrupted me, "Shh, take it before I change my mind!"

I slowly nodded, "Okay." I reached out and grabbed it.

I sat up, the pain in my leg wasn't as bad as before now.

I put the jacket on. It was a thick jacket, I don't know how Jake wore this everywhere!

I looked over, Jake had no regret in his eyes. They shone brightly, but before I could really read them, his expression changed to a neutral one, like he was trying to hide it.

I shrugged it off and faces forward.

I thought for a second..

"When do you think they'll let me out of here? It's miserable." I murmured.

Jake leaned forward, "I hope soon. I miss you, and I know you're right here but can you blame me? I can't really touch you. It sucks."

As Jake spoke, it felt like there was a longing in his voice, like he wanted to say something but couldn't.

He was acting weird. "Jake, why are you acting so.. Odd?" I asked.

He looked away at once. He muttered something, but I didn't hear him.

"Jake, what is it?"

He stayed silent.

"I'm gonna go see when you can get out." He changed the topic and walked away before I could say anything.

The jacket. The jacket was warm, I felt a lot better. I usually had my hoodie, but this was better.. I don't know why. I guess cause it was Jakes I just preferred it more.

I laid my head back down, staring at the ceiling. I had thought about the fact I might like Jake, but I denied it anytime I thought about it.

Cause I don't!

..

I do. I need to stop. I sighed. I felt more attached to him now, and even though Henry and Liam were on the way here now, he still felt more.. Special to me.

Jake came back, "She said whenever the pain in your leg stops hurting. Also, can I see the leg? You never showed me."

I nodded, hesitating. "Sure." I murmured. I got out from under the covers, I was in shorts, a white tank-top, and Jakes jacket. There was a big bruise just under my knee.