4| "𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘴 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘴𝘰𝘳𝘳𝘺"

"STARTS WITH SORRY"•••

"STARTS WITH SORRY"
•••

"Okay! Now that I finally have you back," Charlie giggles nervously, ushering you to sit down beside her on her bed. "We have so much to talk about."

"I'd say." You smile nervously, putting your hands in your lap. You'd been trying to discuss the new information you'd heard with Charlie, when Alastor dragged you away. "Exterminations. By that, I have to pray that you don't mean the extermination of the souls here?"

"I wish I could say it wasn't." Charlie bites her lip anxiously. "I can't believe you didn't know... who does know? The exterminators, Adam—"

"Adam knows?" You ask without thinking, widening your eyes. Of course, it makes sense once you think about it— him disappearing all day, once a year, alongside his entire posse of angels. You'd always just brushed it off, as you felt whatever he was doing, wasn't your business. But the thought that he's been the one leading these exterminations is a hard pill to swallow for you. "What are the exterminations like? They're angels! Surely they don't just come down to massacre?"

Charlie sighs, and her silence speaks volumes. You put your hands over your mouth, trying to steady your breathing.

"Charlie—"

"That's why this hotel has to work." She explains, standing up abruptly and turning to you. "That's why I have to help my people. Help everyone that will let me! I know there's a better way to manage overpopulation in Hell. And it starts here."

"Charlie, you are..." You pause, mulling over your words. "You are such a benevolent soul. I am honored to have met you, and grateful to be a patron. Your dream is the most beautiful, selfless thing I've ever heard." You get to your feet as well. "I've always known there's beauty in everyone, but you— you're all beauty."

Charlie widens her eyes, tears pricking at her waterlines. "That's so sweet!" She gasps. "You— oh, Y/N, you must be devastated. You're just such a sweetheart, I can't imagine..."

"The more I learn about Heaven, the more I realize that it's probably sin disguised as salvation." You confess nervously. "But I want to believe that it's just... corrupt. It can be fixed. We can fix it— you can fix it. I want to stand by you and help you achieve your dream." You plead, taking her hands in yours. "I know you can get through to them, and I simply have to watch you do it."

Charlie hesitates, staring at you in awe. "You really are an angel, huh?"

"I was." You laugh awkwardly, averting your gaze. Charlie trails her own to the bandages peeking o ur beneath your clothing. "Ah... I'm afraid I wasn't as good of a soul as I tried to be."