0| "𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘤𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘰𝘧 𝘭𝘶𝘤𝘪𝘧𝘦𝘳"

"THE CALL OF LUCIFER"(PROLOGUE)•••

(PROLOGUE)
•••

There it is. That sweet, enticing song in your ears— the one that makes your shoulders relax and your wings flutter. It's the most beautiful, enchanting song you've ever heard, and while endearing, it's also concerning. It's always there, some days it's louder than others, but that song is always there. It wasn't always like this, of course. In your 74 years of being in Heaven, the music had only started something of a month ago.

A little louder everyday. A little more distracting.

"Yo, are you even listening?"

The brash voice of Adam, the first human soul to ever enter Heaven, pulls you from your thoughts. You look up at him and smile, nodding politely. "Of course!"

"The fuck are you so busy daydreaming about, anyway?" He asks, picking at his teeth with a sharp pinkie. "Fantasizing about getting fuckin' railed, or what?"

"Aha! No." You keep your gentle smile, but visibly cringe at the mere implications. "Actually, something's been bothering me."

Adam groans, grumbling under his breath. "Fuck, here we go. Fuckin'... what? We're in Heaven, bitch! What could possibly be bothering you?"

"Well," You begin, your wings extending out behind you and flapping slowly, raising your body into the air, bringing yourself to be eye-level with Adam. "There's this song."

"Uh-huh."

"And it's been in my head all month— a bit longer, I suppose?" You raise your hands, tilting them from side to side, your smile dropping. "I'd never heard it before it started, but now it's just there, all the time!"

Adam sighs obnoxiously, turning to start leaving. "Okay, that's so fuckin' boring."

"Wait!" You plead, chasing after him, flying closely beside him as he heads to wherever his twisted little mind takes him. "It's gotten louder everyday, and I'm afraid it's become extremely distracting. It used to just be a sort of whispering, and it's just the most enchanting voice. But also a bit... scary. You know?"

"No, I don't, because, again, we're in fucking Heaven." He rolls his eyes and chuckles, shrugging his shoulders. "Chillax, babe! Everyone gets songs stuck in their head. Like, yeah, a month is a little weird... but seriously, it's not that crazy. Lute, tell 'em."

Ah. You'd almost forgotten about his subordinate, Lute, who carries her staple mask under one arm and flies alongside the both of you. You've never minded her, but she seems to hate her life a little more everytime you show up. "Actually, sir, it could be a little concerning. Is this not reminding you of someone?"