679-680

Chapter 679: Together, They Are Invincible!

Please visit fr𝐞𝐞wn.𝒸o𝔪 website to read fastest update

Fear was etched on Liu Yu's face.

He stood at Baili Jia Jue's right. Although they were separated by a fair distance, he could still distinguish the fangs of the hostile ghost as it advanced toward them.

"It's over!"

This was the only thought on everyone's mind!

The young man could not bear to watch the gory scene and shut his eyes tight!

However, Elder Xu Wu and the ministers of the Xuanyuan Kingdom, especially Zongzheng Wen Ren, had a different thought. If he could eliminate Baili Jia Jue with the help of the hostile ghost, then it would subsequently make things easier for them. Once they had gotten rid of Baili Jia Jue, they could immediately acquire the guardian rights of the Imperial Seal!

To date, save Baili Jia Jue, the War Dragon Kingdom had no reliable regent and was only governed by the old ministers who used to serve the previous Emperor. Thereafter, conquering the entire War Dragon Dynasty would be merely a piece of cake!

The hostile ghost, who made a lunge for Baili Jia Jue, sniggered. This man must have been scared witless, causing him to be rooted to the spot. Anyway, that's good! Then, it's easier for me to savor him too!

The hostile ghost flaunted his fangs. Soon, it would be able to consume this frightened little soul and take over the mortal shell!

At that moment, everyone held their breath.

Baili Jia Jue remained where he stood as he lowered his head, covering his eyes with his wispy black hair. Standing in the dark, his expression was masked by shadows. However, the crowd could vaguely see his lips that were curled into wicked smirk.

Finally, the hostile ghost was standing right before Baili Jia Jue!

No!

He's not definitely not a human!

The ghost was overwhelmed by a strange anxiety that made him want to flee the scene immediately!

"What's wrong? Didn't you want to occupy my mortal shell?" Baili Jia Jue slowly lifted his gaze that was filled with magic. The hostile ghost felt as if its limbs had been restrained by its opponent. As though its organs were being torn apart, it was tortured by the excruciating pain. The man had yet to strike an attack, but the suffering was so intense that it felt as if it had already been plunged into hell.

Indiscernible black feathers fell from the sky and dropped around the hostile ghost.

If a ghost was able to express its emotions, it would have shouted out its regret to have apparated to this venue.

How is this possible?

How is there possibly a more powerful hostile ghost then me in the Capital?

No, that's not right!

This man isn't a ghost!

"You... who are you?" The hostile ghost noticed that its left hand was quivering as it spoke.

Even if he was not a human, but he, who similarly hailed from hell, should not be able to suppress the hostile ghosts to this extent.

Baili Jia Jue gave it a nonchalant look. Immediately, a scarlet golden beam escaped his narrowed eyes and pinned the hostile ghost to the spot.

"You... you are..." The hostile ghost's jaw dropped in disbelief. Its eyes flickered in fright as it shook like a leaf, as though it was a tiny mouse that was at the mercy of its feline predator. He dared not even call out that name!