¹² 𖹭 ᵐᵉⁿˢᵗʳᵘᵃᵗⁱᵒⁿ ᶜʳᵘˢᵗᵃᶜᵉᵃⁿ

「 ʷᵒʳᵈ ᶜᵒᵘⁿᵗ 𖹭 ²,⁸⁷⁹ 」

⋅ POV⋅
⋅⊰ MEI ⊱⋅

Monday morning was a brutal awakening in the form of sharp pains striking through my pelvic area long before my alarm could erupt from my phone. My face immediately scrunched up in discomfort as I groggily slipped out of my bedsheets and stood to my feet. The familiar sensation of warmth spreading as I straightened my posture caused my eyes to widen and rush to the cabinets in my restroom, grabbing hold of the familiar pink and green packaging.

Once I'd situated a fresh pad into my boy shorts, I fought my way to the kitchen in search of painkillers. I whipped open the cabinet where we kept the ibuprofen, tylenol, and several other types of medicines. Unsure of which ones I wanted as the pain gradually grew more intense by the minute, I pulled out the fabric of my oversized sweatshirt and swiped all of the pill bottles into it like a kangaroo pouch. I then collected some random snacks to add into the pouch before I headed back to my bedroom.

"Bibi, you have no idea how lucky you are to be a boy," I whined out towards the bunny who seemed to have just awakened due to my noise-making.

Bibi drearily blinked up at me as I flopped back onto my bed and I reached for the water bottle on my nightstand, hurriedly eating one of my selected snacks so I wouldn't be taking painkillers on an empty stomach.

As I reached under my bed to shuffle around in search of something specific, my phone suddenly buzzed with the sound of an Instagram message notification. I located my heatable stuffie and pulled it out before grabbing my phone and heading for the microwave in my kitchen. I couldn't help but smile a little to myself despite my discomfort as I looked down at the tangerine-colored crab toy as I placed it into the microwave and selected the desired amount of time. Koji had gotten it for me a few months prior when I told him I couldn't go shopping with him because of my period, and he got all excited when he saw the "Menstruation Crustacean" and decided to surprise me with it.

While I waited for the microwave timer to go off, I checked the messages on my phone. My eyes went wide when I singled out the views and likes on my story from last night that I hadn't seen yet. My brain felt like it was a swirling pool of delulu as I stared down at the notification of Bangchan liking my story, apparently six hours ago, which made sense as I had gone to bed before I could see it. Maybe it was the painkillers or maybe it was the painful cramps making me woozy, but I decided to open up the private messages with Chan and type out a text.

_______________

mei.i.hav.ur.attention

   Messages

gnabnahc

"Gnabnahc liked your
story"

Mei🌱 sent a photo