⁰⁶ 𖹭 ⁱ ᶜᵃⁿ ᵉˣᵖˡᵃⁱⁿ

「 ʷᵒʳᵈ ᶜᵒᵘⁿᵗ 𖹭 ²,⁷¹⁸ 」

⋅ POV⋅
⋅⊰ MEI ⊱⋅

Hannah had escaped my presence and entered into her manager's van which offered her safety from me, as she seemed to think I would be mad.

Honestly, I wasn't mad.

I was just crazy embarrassed that my humiliating message to her world famous brother was opened and responded to by he himself not long after Hannah had tagged me in her posts. This indicated to me that Chan only graced me with a reply because he must assume I'm one of Hannah's closest friends he just hasn't yet met.

Ever since I read his response, over and over again for a solid two minutes at least, I've been in a state of chaotic shock. I didn't have time to reply or even dwell on it too long because I had a flight to catch. Going through TSA took an eternity in itself and I still needed to book it to the other side of the airport to reach my gate. I had just barely arrived as my group was being called and it wasn't until the plane was taking off and my phone was set on airplane mode that it all sunk in.

I drunked messaged Bangfreakingchan and he opened it and responded.

I wanted to crawl into a hole and die.

"Oh my gosh," I mumbled out loud, earning a side-look from the stranger in the seat next to mine.

It just keeps getting worse the more I think about it. Chan would notice my use of 'Leebit' and assume I'm a STAY, which I am. He'll see the sudden pictures of me on his sister's account where my Instagram account is tagged. Not only must he think I'm a total weirdo, but he must be wondering if I'm using his sister to get to him. And Hannah's posts clearly indicate I'm a makeup artist, which is only more embarrassing because here I am, expected to be a professional, and he opens that drunken message the same day Hannah posts pictures from the shoot.

"Oh my goooooosh," I dragged out this time in a whinier voice, curling up into a fetal position the best I could in an airplane seat, cringing myself to death.

As I was pulling up my sweater's hoodie and yanking the drawstrings so it would close over my face, the stranger beside me adjusted themselves to be as far from me as they could without leaving their seat.

"Um, ma'am, are you alright? It seems you're causing concern to others on the plane," the politely conditioned voice of a flight attendant directed towards me.

"Oh yeah, I'm not really crazy or anything, I'm just an embarrassing human being who wants to disappear into nothing right now, but thank you," I responded monotonously, voice slightly muffled from my scrunched up hood hiding most of my face.

Thank God the flight was brief, passing by rather quickly due to my overthinking deep inside my psyche. It didn't take very long for me to grab my things and take off out of that airplane hanger as if I was capable of running away from the humiliating situation. I was planning on just taking an Uber home or something but I guess I shouldn't have been shocked to see Koji, Asuka and Yukiko waiting outside the airport doors in the pickup lane inside Asuka's car.

"Boy, oh boy, do you have some explaining to do, Miss 'I'm Not Hiding Anything'," were the first words out of Koji's mouth after he took his time rolling down the backseat window slowly, face blank with a pair of shades over his eyes.

Barely processing that he was speaking to me as I was terrified to take my phone off airplane mode, I climbed into the back while Yukiko offered to put my suitcase in the trunk for me. Asuka was smirking at me through the rearview mirror while Koji stared at my side profile like I had murdered his firstborn child in front of him. Yukiko returned to the passenger seat and whipped around to give me a wide-eyed expression with a tweaked smile flooded with amusement and shock, as if to say "So, did everything I think happened actually happen?"