⁰⁷ 𖹭 ˢᵗᵃʸ'ˢ ˢⁱᵍⁿⁱᶠⁱᶜᵃⁿᵗ ᵒᵗʰᵉʳ

「 ʷᵒʳᵈ ᶜᵒᵘⁿᵗ 𖹭 ⁵,²⁷⁹ 」
‎ ‎

⋅ POV⋅
⋅⊰ MEI ⊱⋅
‎‎

mei.i.hav.ur.attention

‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ Messages

gnabnahc

I can explain.
Seen

gnabnahc
I’m on the edge of my seat

_______________

I let out a startled scream as the message from Bang Chan came in only a minute or so after I sent mine, dropping my phone like it was a burning hot piece of charcoal.

“Oh gosh,” I panicked out loud, tangling my fingers in my messy hair as I stared down at my phone screen in shock and lingering embarrassment. “Oh, God, please help me,” I added with a dramatic gesture of throwing my head back and closing my eyes with my hands pressed together in a prayer formation.

As if my prayer were actually answered, my phone began ringing and I let out another terrified scream at the sudden sound of the ‘DU DU DU DU DU DU DU’ in God’s Menu blaring at max volume.

Throwing my hand over my heart as I tried to calm myself, I accepted the video chat request from Koji and leaned back against the wall my mattress was pressed against. The familiar grinning face of my best friend appeared on my phone screen, his hair askew and his hands occupied cooking while he seemed to have propped his phone up on a shelf to the side.

Meiiiii, I’m video-chatting you because I love you and already miss you and not at all because I am confused by this recipe but since you’re available I may as well ask,” Koji immediately blurted out all in one breath once I appeared on his screen, tilting the phone to allow me a better angle. “Does this look wrong?” He finished his long sentence, tilting his head nearly upside down to keep me in his vision as he held his phone lense over the pot of food.

Still recovering from my double feature of near cardiac arrest, it took me a few moments to process his question fully as I examined the pot of food on my screen.

“Um, that depends,” I responded a bit distractedly. “Are you trying to make tteokbokki or did you seriously overcook some large mac’n’cheese?”

Koji frowned and shoved his phone directly in front of his face very close-up. “I’m trying to make nikujaga,” he informed me.

“Oh, well then it looks fine,” I chuckled a little, my brain still halfway inside my messages with Chan. “Then again, I’m not a good chef,” I added.

Koji shrugged. “Fair. Does it look like it’s missing someth– Okay, why do you look like you just got roundhouse kicked in the back of your neck by a ghost?” The young man cut himself off as he examined my appearance on his screen closely.

“That’s very specific,” I commented.

“Well that’s exactly how you look right now, don’t know what to tell ya,” Koji answered with lifted brows and an accusatory expression as he pulled back from his phone and switched off the stove momentarily. “What’s going on?”