𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟎

𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐢𝐦 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐢𝐧 𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐠𝐨,
𝐢 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥 𝐢𝐭,
𝐚𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐨𝐟 𝐦𝐞,
𝐢 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐢𝐧 𝐢𝐭.

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

I laugh at the boys as I watch the 3 of them attempt to skate. 

"Okay, guys, your time is up. (Y/n)'s got a competition tonight and she's got to practice." My coach, Coach Delicourt, (i call her deli for short) says as she opens the gate to the rink. 

Erling and Gio make it towards the exit with a bit of ease as they weren't as bad as Jude. Jude stumbles left and right making me burst out laughing.

"Stop laughing and help the poor boy!" My coach says as she points furiously at Jude. 

I giggle as I make my way towards him, grabbing his arm and dragging him to the exit. 

"If you just learnt how to skate." I sigh, helping him off the rink.

"Oh, as if it's so easy." He huffs. 

"It is, watch my routine." I say with a smug look on my face. 

-JUDES POV-

I watch as her coach corrects her technique on some parts of her dance. I've got to say, she is amazing. Gio and Erling left to pick up Tayma but I stayed back with (Y/n).

"Jude!" She calls out. I stand up, making my way down to her. 

"What's up?" I ask as she skates to the barrier and leans on it. 

"My coach is gonna show you a few dresses that we still can't pick which one we like. Can you please pick?" She asks.

I nod as her coach pulls out 4 dresses. The first one was red with roses stitched in it, it didn't suit the music or the dance but it was pretty. The next one was a light pink one with gems stuck everywhere at the top, fading at the centre and then more gems near the bottom, didn't suit it either. The third one was a blue dress with silver designs on the sleeves and on the dress. I didn't even bother looking at the last one.

"This one." I say, pointing at the blue one. 

"I told you that's the best one!" (Y/N) smiles brightly, pointing an accusing finger at her coach.

"Yeah, yeah." Her coach laughs. 

-TIME SKIP, (Y/N) POV-

 I slip on my dress, shaking my hands to try to calm myself down. It was my first time competing in a really long time, I'm terrified. 

"Hey, girl!" I hear Tayma yell as she opens my changing room door and hugs me. "You look stunning." She gasps. I smile and thank her. Gio and Erling walk in too, smiling widely. 

"Why are you guys dressed like you're in Antarctica?" I ask, looking them up and down with their puffer jackets and warm pants. 

"Cuz it's fucking freezing. I don't know how you can wear that in this cold." Gio says defensively. 

"I'm not that cold but Gio didn't want to look like an idiot so he forced me to dress like this." Erling chuckles. I roll my eyes at the two of them.

"Let's go get Jude, he wanted to wish you good luck." Tayma says as she shoves the boys out the changing room. 

I sigh, putting on my skates and keeping the guards on so I would be able to walk. 

"Hey." I hear a soft voice say from the door. I lift my head, waving at Jude. "Oh, I definitely picked the right dress." He says making my laugh. I stand up to hug him. "You look amazing." He kisses my forehead quickly in a friendly way, looking me up and down. "And you'll do amazing. Don't panic, just breathe, don't overthink your every move and let your muscle memory do the work. If you start to overthink, you'll panic and forget what you're doing, okay?"

It's been a while since I've competed, so hearing advice is helpful. 

I nod, shaking my hands and feet. 

"Thanks, Jude." I smile. 

"Alright, you should probably finish getting ready." He says. "Bye, hate you!" He calls out.

"Hate you too!" I giggle, doing my last touches on my makeup. 

-TIME SKIP-

I breathe deeply as I glide onto the ice once my name was called. The crowd welcome me with cheers but my eyes meet Taymas. She grins widely and holds a thumbs up. When Tayma believes in me, I believe in me. 

-JUDE POV-

The lights dim as she finishes her routine. I start to blink quickly, as if I was pulled out of a trans. I was so mesmerised by her. 

"Why the hell doesn't she just become a pro skater?" Gio blurts out as he shifts in his seat.

"Horrid dad, terrified mom, no money cuz her dads too busy taking it, plus a bunch of siblings who also suck out her money like leaches cuz of their school. I love them though, no hate." Tayma says sourly.

"Yeah.. no hate." Erling mumbles. 

Tayma smiles, shrugging. 

We all stand up to make our way down to the changing room to congratulate (Y/n). "Why doesn't she use the money she makes from teaching ice skating?" I ask.

"She's using that for her uni." Tayma explains. 

I let out a sigh. Will this girl ever stop letting people walk all over her?