Movie night

"Oh and Barb here's the lipstick I borrowed" I said and gave it to her. I had come over to her just to give back some things I had borrowed.

"Thank you, and while you're here can you look over my text?" She asked and handed me her notebook

I heard Danny sigh from the bed "don't worry I'll leave soon" I joked and he laughed back.

"Carol, Barbra come downstairs!" I heard Mr Denning yell.

Barbra groaned loudly and I heard Carol slam her door "oh are you mad that you had to leave your boyfriend for a second"

"You slammed your door dyke,  so shut up"

I looked over at Danny when they stopped arguing he started laughing and I followed suit.

Downstairs they were met by a crying Debbie and a frustrated father "I need you guys take Debbie to the movies, I have to fix something in the garage and mother is still at work "

"What so now that she wants we have to ?!" Carol exclaimed "we've wanted to go to the cinema for like months and you said we didn't have money?!"

"But Elizabeth and Danny are here too" Barbra tried

"What Elizabeth's here? And you didnt say anything?" Carol snapped

"No why would I?" Barbra snapped back "well can Danny and Ellie come with us?"

"Yes if they can pay for themselves" he sighed "please just go I can't stand the crying" he muttered

"Thank you so much dad" Barb exclaimed and gave him a hug "and no funny business" he laughed

'She has to go with us she can't go home' Carol thought for herself as they walked upstairs again.

——

I of course agreed to follow with them to the movie I mean anything to be with Carol, and I saw her smile at me to when we were walking to the car. Unfortunately Debbie sat down in the middle in the back, saw how Carol got frustrated I mouthed 'I'll sit with you in the cinema' and it seemed to calm her anger down.

We listened to loud music in the car "can I get a cigarette anyone?" I asked as I noticed mine were out

"yeah me too?" Carol demanded

"You know you can ask nicely" Barbra noted "give Ellie one baby"

"Why can't I -?!" Carol snapped

Danny cut her off " I've only got two anyway, so you ladies share" he said and handed me the cigarette and I lit.

"We'll have to buy some after the movies" I stated and they both agreed

——

At the Cinema we rushed in as the movie was about to start. We walked to our seats it was all the way in the back of the cinema so nobody could really see us sneak in. Danny and Barb went first and sat down then Debbie in the middle followed by Carol and me. The movie was called "honey I shrunk the kids"

Everyone of us except Debbie was trying to be interested in the movie. I spent my time trying to catch carols glances at me, and I did. But halfway through the movie she snuck her hand to mine and held it. I got warm by her touch, I glanced at her but she was too busy trying to act focused on the movie while still holding firm grip on hand.

——

After the movie was done me and Carol walked down to the nearest shop to buy cigarettes while the others returned to the car.

"Hey Elizabeth you know when uhm..." she trailed off "never mind"

"You can tell me Carol" I responded

She ignored my reply and went into the store and bought some cigarettes with the money Danny had given her. When we walked back I could sense that she really wanted to say whatever it was so I stopped.

"They won't notice if we take a cigarette here ?" She asked and took up one for me and one for her "okay you know what you said that night, I just wanted to let you know I felt the same way"

I looked at her and tried to not laugh at her nervous confession "you're trying to say that you like me?" I pretended to look confused

"You said it first" Carol snapped, I broke out in laughter "oh fuck you" she smiled

"I like you too Carol, it was just funny how you said it" I apologized "good that we have cleared that out" I giggled and we went back to the car.

——
My bike and Danny's car was parked outside the Dennings so Barb drove us all home to them. I gave Barb a hug so she and Danny could kiss goodbye and tell each other how much they were going to miss each other which often took a while.

I of course hugged Carol goodbye "I'm going to miss you" she whispered "I'm going to miss you too girlfriend" I said and gave her a wink as I walked to my bike.