Forgotten Memories And Beautiful Melodies

Start from the beginning

Agreeing to the plan, the friends bid each other farewell temporarily, their shared excitement lingering in the air.

As Onyx ran, each step causing him to breathe heavily, his side getting an ache from how fast he ran, Onyx walked into the west building. He passed many empty rooms, He stopped in front of one particular room. Not noticing that he was being followed. Leo didn't intend to follow him, but Onyx had a desperate look on his face he couldn't help but worry and trail after him.

Inside this room, there was a mahogany piano placed neatly by a giant bay window and a chair in front of it. Other instruments are set up at a separate corner. Contrary to the occupation of the room, the room itself was huge. He had seen banquet halls in movies and read about them in books, but they truly never did it justice. This room was beautiful on each side, which was a staircase that led to the second floor, where balconies were placed for privacy. The marble floor sparkled. The chandelier above was stunning with crystals that danced from light's reflection.

Onyx made his way over to the piano and sat down, memories flooding his mind. How he and his family would play music together and how he lost them from the accident. He really did lose everything that night.

A new wave of agony washed over him, and for the first time since he became onyx, he grieved the loss of his parents and his new mother he didn't stop the heart-wrenching sobs he let out. Onyx slowly let his fingers brush over the piano tiles before beginning to play a sad melody. The song that came to mind was his first mother's favorite elastic heart by sia she would always sing it while cleaning or cooking. It brought a smile to his face. Soon after that, he started singing.

And another one bites the dust
Oh, why can I not conquer love?
And I might've thought that we were one
Wanted to fight this war without weapons
And I wanted it, and I wanted it bad
But there were so many red flags
Now another one bites the dust
Yeah, let's be clear. I'll trust no one

As he was singing, Onyx didn't notice that he had left the doors wide open. And there stood Leo watching him intently. His red hair shimmered like rubies in the sunlight, and his eyes shone like fresh grass swaying in the wind. He was breathtaking. Leo couldn't look away.

You did not break me
I'm still fighting for peace
I've got thick skin and an elastic heart
But your blade it might be too sharp
I'm like a rubber band until you pull too hard
I may snap, and I move fast
But you won't see me fall apart
'Cause I've got an elastic heart
I've got an elastic heart
Yeah, I've got an elastic heart

By now, small, glowing sparkles of gold danced throughout the banquet hall appearing out of nowhere. The sparkles were floating softly in the air in what seemed like a waltz, moving to the rhythm of the song. The whole room was being illuminated by warm golden light, but Onyx was oblivious to it all, his eyes closed and leaking tears.

And I will stay up through the night
Let's be clear, won't close my eyes
And I know that I can survive
I'll walk through fire to save my life
And I want it, I want my life so bad
I'm doing everything I can
Then another one bites the dust
It's hard to lose a chosen one

Onyx's mind was preoccupied with how he needed to find strength to protect everyone and himself from the things to come. The faces of every person flashing in his mind. Olivia, Marcus, Felix, Emily, and then a face unexpected Leo's lingers there for a second. Shaking his the thought out of his head, he continues.

You did not break me
I'm still fighting for peace
I've got thick skin and an elastic heart
But your blade it might be too sharp
I'm like a rubber band until you pull too hard
I may snap, and I move fast
But you won't see me fall apart
'Cause I've got an elastic heart
I've got thick skin and an elastic heart
But your blade it might be too sharp
I'm like a rubber band until you pull too hard
I may snap, and I move fast
But you won't see me fall apart
'Cause I've got an elastic heart
I've got thick skin and an elastic heart
But your blade it might be too sharp
I'm like a rubber band until you pull too hard
And I may snap, and I move fast
But you won't see me fall apart
'Cause I've got an elastic heart
I've got an elastic heart