A DEMIGOD AND A BIRTH OMEGA.

Start from the beginning

Seth, with a sense of foreboding, shook his head before meeting Dr. Naam's gaze. "You mentioned he may not survive beyond twenty-four days?" His brothers hissed in agreement, fully aware that if Dirk dies, their own lives would inevitably follow suit, bonded by fate regardless of their physical connection. Their destinies intertwined by the Goddess, losing their mate was not an option.

Acknowledging his query with a nod, Dr. Naam adjusted her glasses, her expression mirroring their anxiety. "His healing abilities have significantly deteriorated since the night he rejected the three of you... Coupled with the damage caused by Malta's pheromones, it's uncertain if he can surpass the twenty-four-day mark. Medically speaking, I have exhausted all avenues. I'm unsure of what steps you three must take to avert this outcome, but my medical expertise has reached its limits," she conveyed softly, sorrow tingeing her voice as she witnessed the despair etching itself onto their faces.

The triplets felt their hearts shatter into a million fragments, consumed by a sense of failure. They blamed themselves for not protecting their mate. Kurt regretted answering the call about his Club burning, leaving Dirk vulnerable. Seth regretted hastening to replace Kurt's absence, preventing Dirk from being alone, which might have altered the course of events. Tricc reproached himself for assuming the mantle of Pack Leader after his siblings relinquished their roles, entwining himself in the responsibilities of governing the Packlands. Had he not taken on this burden, perhaps he would have had ample time to protect their mate.

Dr. Naam observed as tears trickled down each of their faces, regret and guilt etched into their features. She understood their self-blame for the situation, but she also acknowledged the inevitability of succumbing to temptations along life's journey.

"Why was he bleeding?" Tricc's voice trembled as he finally spoke up. "There was so much blood, and we didn't even detect the scent, even as he attempted to reject us a second time."

Dr. Naam hissed softly, a pained smile tugging at her lips. "His immune system was battling Malta's pheromones. Being a Recessive with low tolerance to pheromones, especially those not from his mates, even your pheromones to some extent could prove harmful to him. Malta's pheromones, deteriorating his health, posed a significant threat. As his body fought against the pheromones over an extended period, it weakened, allowing the pheromones to seep into his bloodstream, forming a poisonous blend that could have been fatal..."

"... His compromised state made him vulnerable, enabling the pheromones to take advantage. The emergency surgery aimed to eliminate the excess pheromones, but it may be too late. Despite my efforts to rid his system of the poison, I have been unsuccessful... The onus now falls on you to seek a solution to save him. Time is running out." Her gaze remained fixed on the three siblings before her, witnessing their devastation with a heavy heart. The palpable pain radiating from the Lycgers affected her deeply, as if their anguish had physically wounded her.

Their heads hung low, unable to meet her gaze as they processed the overwhelming new information. The weight of the situation was crushing them, threatening to tear apart their bond with their mate, a bond they felt slipping away due to their own shortcomings. If only they had been more vigilant. If only they had done more.

A part of them wished desperately that they could somehow reverse it all.

A sharp knock on the door jolted all four occupants in the room, their attention drawn to the entrance. Another forceful knock reverberated through the room, causing a momentary discomfort. Dr. Naam, after sharing a brief glance with the triplets, rose to unlock the door.

As the door swung open, Caleb and Dare's presence filled the room, offering a sense of relief to the Lycgers. In a rush of emotion, the triplets embraced their Birth Omega, seeking solace in Caleb's comforting hug.