Chapter 5

Irshad kiya hai (clearing throat):

"Dil ko behlane ka khayal achha hai,

Dil milne ke khwaab achhe hai,

Par kya karein, jab dil ka milna mushkil hai,

Tab bhi muskurana, zindagi ke raaz achhe hai."

so how's the shayari

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As the reverberations of the loud "WHAT?" echoed through the room, the source of the disruption became apparent-it wasn't Sia, but rather a couple engaged in a heated exchange nearby. Sia's attention turned to them, engaged in a hilarious argument.

The reason she was able to hear their voices so clearly was because their table was conveniently situated close to hers. Positioned just a few feet away, their conversation was impossible to ignore.

"You actually asked my mom for my hand in marriage without consulting me first? Are you for real?"

Her partner, attempting to lighten the mood, replied with a grin, "Well, babe, your mom's opinion is like the ultimate love guru. I needed her blessing!"

The woman's eyes widened in disbelief. "So, you decided to pop the question during a dental appointment and before even getting down on one knee? What's next, proposing during a root canal and asking for a 'lifetime of flossing together' as a symbol of commitment?"

While chuckling, her partner replied, "Well, sweetheart, if we ever do have a root canal proposal, I promise to make it 'tooth'-riffic and 'gum'-believeable! And since I was already at the dentist's office, I thought, why not go for a two-for-one deal-marriage proposal and teeth cleaning all in one go! Efficiency at its finest, don't you think?"

Sia couldn't help but smile at the absurdity of their argument, finding warmth in the simple joys of their quirky banter. After this, she glanced at her grandpa, who shook his head slightly. In that moment, Sia realized he might never understand the sweet banter shared between couples, leaving her to cherish those moments on her own.

Sia's grandpa shifted in his seat, adjusting his glasses before speaking up again. "Ah yes, back to what I was saying earlier. Let's talk about your marriage, shall we?" he said, a hint of seriousness underlying his words. Sia braced herself for the discussion, wondering what her grandpa had in mind for her future.

Sia's heart skipped a beat, her mind racing with a mix of anticipation and apprehension. "Um, sure, Grandpa. What about it?" she asked, trying to sound nonchalant despite the uncertainty swirling within her.

In reality, Sia was anything but calm. Her thoughts were in turmoil, unsure of what to make of her grandpa's sudden mention of marriage. She felt a knot forming in her stomach, a sense of unease settling over her as she braced herself for what was to come.

Grandpa cleared his throat before replying, "Well, you see, I've started looking into potential matches for you. I believe it's time we start considering your future."

Sia's eyes widened in surprise. "Matches? Already?" she exclaimed, her voice tinged with disbelief.

"Yes, indeed. It's never too early to start planning for these things," Grandpa replied, nodding sagely.

"But Grandpa, I'm only 23! Can't we wait a bit longer?" Sia pleaded, feeling overwhelmed by the sudden turn of events.

Grandpa's words carried a sense of reassurance, though his demeanor remained stoic and reserved. "I understand, Sia. But it's important to be prepared. Who knows, we might find the perfect match sooner than expected," he said, his tone gentle yet firm.