Chapter 3

The sun brought warmth to the Singhania home, promising a new day. As everyone woke up, the smell of chai(tea) and coffee filled the air, setting the stage for morning traditions. Each family member, like different threads, gathered around the dining table for breakfast. In the Singhania family, they believed eating together strengthened their bonds. No one got privilege of 'breakfast in bed', unity mattered most to them.

Baldev Singhania, the patriarch of the family, was engrossed in his routine of reading the newspaper. The aroma of fresh tea filled the air, signifying that it was time for a morning break. Just as Baldev was immersed in current affairs, Shanti Singhania entered the scene, having returned from her morning visit to the temple. She radiated a serene energy. The breakfast table was slowly getting occupied, setting the stage for a day in the Singhania household.

The two Singhania brothers, Vijay and Raj, were deep in a discussion about business as they made their way to the dining hall for breakfast. Meanwhile, Raj Singhania, the younger brother, lovingly called out to his life partner, "Sushmita, where are you? You know I can't even take a bite without you by my side."

As Raj calls out to Sushmita, she playfully responds, "Ji, Pati Parmeshwar! (yes, God like husband) I'm right here, just adding the final touches to the breakfast." Raj chuckles, secretly pleased with himself, and the family begins to gather around the breakfast table. The aroma of spices and the clinking of utensils create a lively atmosphere as they prepare to start their day together.

Kabir, dressed in a smart suit, was ready to face the day with confidence. The recent success in handling the logistics challenge had left a smile on his face. As he joined his family for breakfast, his father, Vijay, keenly observed the change in Kabir's demeanour. Vijay, always perceptive as a father, couldn't help but inquire about the reason behind Kabir's newfound cheerfulness.

Vijay: "Kabir, my boy, what's got you in such a good mood today?"

Kabir, savouring the positive outcome of the previous day, replied with enthusiasm, "Dad, we tackled the logistics challenge successfully, all thanks to Uncle Raj's advice. Team effort, and we got through it!"

Baldev Singhania joined the conversation with a twinkle in his eye. He playfully remarked, "Raj, my son, it seems the business genes runs strong in our blood. Had you walked this path Vijay, Kabir might have been seeking your advice today."

Baldev remembered his past challenges during his days in business, thinking about the ups and downs. Seeing Raj handle the business made him proud. The family legacy was flourishing under Raj's leadership. He fondly remembered how he supported Vijay's decision to pursue a legal career. This strong bond of understanding and encouragement continued when Vijay, in a similar fashion, supported Kabir's journey into the challenging business world.

Vijay, the elder brother, laughed heartily. "Dad, I'm content with my law practice. Besides, I've got my hands full training the next generation of Singhania - young Arjun."

The next moment the door swung open, revealing the younger duo of the Singhania family - Arjun and Preeti. Arjun, with a determined look and gym bag slung over his shoulder, exuded youthful energy. Meanwhile, Preeti, carefree and full of energy, entered with a playful smile.

Raj playfully exclaimed to his son, "Naam liya aur shaitan hazir (Take the name and the devil shall appear)."

Arjun, with a mischievous grin, retorted, "Considering the devilish charm runs in the family, I'll take it as a compliment, Dad."

Preeti teased, "Arjun, I hope you're not using your devilish charm to flirt with the girls at the gym again. Dad might need to give you some legal advice on that!"

In a cheeky tone, Arjun flashed a confident smile at his cousin and whispered, "Choti Chipkali (Little Lizard), watch how I arrange for you to talk to your crush, Rohan."

Preeti confidently replied," I have only one crush, I will manage. Worry about your wanna be bimbos."

After the banter between Arjun and Preeti, the family continued their breakfast, exchanging light-hearted conversations. Kabir, who had been relatively quiet, was drawn into the ongoing discussions. Baldev Singhania cleared his throat, diverting the discussion to a more serious matter.

Baldev: "You know, in our times, we used to discuss business over breakfast. But today, I see our youngsters are more interested in affairs of the heart. Perhaps it's time we think about Kabir's marriage."

Kabir's mind raced with thoughts. Oh no, not this again. Can't I catch a break? He glanced at his mother, seeking some support or an escape route.

Naina, sensing Kabir's discomfort, swiftly intervened.

Naina said with a smile: "Dad, can't we let Kabir enjoy his success for a bit longer? Managing a business is challenging, and he deserves a break from talks of marriage."

Baldev responded, "Well, Naina, a supportive partner can enhance the journey. Kabir, my boy, what do you think?"

Baldev's words lingered in the air, and Kabir's mind raced to find a way to steer the conversation away from the impending topic of marriage. However, Shanti, with her grandmotherly insight, saw through his attempts.

Shanti chimed in, "Kabir, my dear, I know you too well. Don't even think about dodging this conversation. It's high time we discuss your marriage plans."

Kabir replied with a hesitant smile, "Dadi, it's not that I'm against marriage. It's just that I need a bit more time to figure things out."

Vijay also shared his opinion, saying, "I agree with Mom and Dad, Kabir. Marriage is a significant step, but there's no harm in starting to look for good prospects. We are here to support you in this decision, and you have our blessings."

Dadi smiled and said, "Well, I have a match-maker who's excellent at match-making. In fact, she said she have a potential match for Kabir."

Arjun added playfully," Kabir, get married fast. After you, it's my turn in line."

Kabir, still processing the idea, replied,"Let me think about it. I'll give you an answer soon." With that, hetactfully ended the conversation, leaving the topic of marriage lingering inthe air. While the family continued their breakfast banter, Kabir retreatedinto his thoughts, contemplating the idea of marriage and the significant stepit will represent in his life.

 While the family continued their breakfast banter, Kabir retreatedinto his thoughts, contemplating the idea of marriage and the significant stepit will represent in his life

Hey lovelies!

Hope you all are doing well. I would really like to know your view for story

What do you thing about the characters?

What about the length of the chapter ( This one was the longest among all Phew!)

and any other point you might want to add and I request my secret viewers to vote and guys do Comment it will make The Journey more interesting!

signing off,
amateurwrts