Chapter 1

The month of march has begun. The sun was super bright, turning everything outside into an oven. The air felt wavy with heat, like you see in movies. Going outside felt like stepping into a super-hot place, as if nature wanted to see how much heat we could handle. The usual outdoor spots now felt like walking through a really hot and tough place.

Sia came home after attending her classes. She was feeling very tired and exhausted. She went straight to her room and lay down on the bed. She closed her eyes and tried to sleep, but she couldn't. She was feeling very hot and sweaty, so she decided to take a bath.

She got up from the bed and went to the bathroom. She turned on the shower and let the cold water run over her body. It felt so good that she didn't want to stop. After a while, she turned off the shower and wrapped herself in a towel. She looked at herself in the mirror and saw that her face was red from all the heat outside.

Sia was mentally exhausted too. She was preparing for her June attempt and the month of March has already begun which left her with only 2 months to prepare for exams and She wasn't sure if she would be able to make it this time, either. She was feeling very tired and sleepy, so she decided to go back to bed. She lay down on the bed and closed her eyes.

After a brief break, Sia decided it was time to dive back into her studies. Viewing herself as an average student, she couldn't shake the feeling that exams were somewhat pointless-a mere "waste of time" in her eyes. Nevertheless, the path to earning a degree or becoming a Chartered Accountant (CA) demanded rigorous exam preparation every six months. The pursuit of those two elusive letters before her name posed a challenge that fueled her determination, making her believe she could conquer her fear of exams.

As Sia reluctantly immersed herself in her studies, the chilly atmosphere at home added an extra layer of challenge. Her family, consisting of her father, stepmother, and stepbrother, all successful doctors in their own right, viewed academic achievements as a non-negotiable expectation. Unfortunately, Sia found herself cast as the black sheep, her ambitions in the field of accounting starkly contrasting with the medical legacy that enveloped her household.

Her Father was renowned neurosurgeon her stepmom a gynaecologist and her step brother was a surgical resident They were all about saving lives, but Sia had different plans.

Her dad, being a famous neurosurgeon, didn't take Sia's dreams of being an accountant seriously. Her stepmom, always busy with her gynaecology work, didn't really care about Sia's career choice or about Sia at all. Her stepbrother, deep into his surgical residency, thought Sia's ambitions were a joke.

Even though her family didn't support her and had this impressive medical legacy, Sia kept going with her studies. She was determined to show them she could succeed in her own way, even if they didn't believe in her. Little did she know, the tough time at home would push her even more to reach her goals.

Her stepmom, Mrs. Ragini Malhotra, was not like a evil mom describe in those stories she was quite actually opposite of it. She neither used to acknowledge Sia nor she was torturing her in any other way and her father, Mr. Rajesh Malhotra, dislike for her own daughter was not helping either. And about her step brother, Mr. Rohit Malhotra, he was enjoying this life to no end. Blessed with intelligent brain and Y chromosome he was favourite son of her father, and 'apple of my eyes' for his mother.

Sia was hungry after all the study and procrastinating about what she will do if she failed again. She went to kitchen, it welcomed Sia with the comforting smell of food, cooked by the skilled hands of their chef. It was a cozy spot, bringing a bit of warmth to their generally cold home. As Sia sat down to eat, she couldn't help but overhear her stepmother, Mrs. Ragini Malhotra, engaged in a conversation.

Mrs. Malhotra (speaking to a friend on the phone): "No, no, it's just the usual chaos. You know how it is. Managing this house feels like a never-ending battle. And Rajesh, well, he's not making it any easier."

Friend: "But Ragini, you've always been the one holding things together. How do you manage?"

Mrs. Malhotra: "Oh, you know me. I try my best. But sometimes, it feels like I'm drowning in responsibilities. I have my own dreams, my own desires, but it seems like they're slipping away."

After the call, Mrs. Malhotra turned to the cook.

Mrs. Malhotra: "Cook, make it simple tonight. We're all caught up in our own worlds. Just the usual, nothing fancy."

Cook: "Alright, Mrs. Malhotra. I'll keep it simple."

Sia always had her dinner before her father's family. It wasn't a rule or anything, but she felt like she was intruding into their family affairs if she joined them for dinner. No one ever called her, and no one waited for her. It made her feel left out, like an outsider in her own home.

After overhearing her stepmom's conversation, Sia pondered on the dynamics of a husband and wife relationship. It didn't surprise her to witness differences between them. She wondered what her relationship with her future husband would be like. The idea of her own journey into marriage and the kind of connection she might have with her future partner lingered in her mind.

 The idea of her own journey into marriage and the kind of connection she might have with her future partner lingered in her mind

That's it for today! well I hope you enjoyed the chapter.

Feel free to give feedback

vote,comment and share karna na bhule

signing off,
Amateurwrts