Metaverse Navigator - Part Two

This chapter will include a scene of excessive violence, gore and physical abuse, near the end. This is the part where Ren and Ryuji see the prisoners of the palace, and the story will go into greater detail in depicting the abuse those prisoners endure. If you want to skip such scenes, stop reading around the " After coming this far, the boys were hesitant to see what the state of the prisoners was like, but at the same time Ryuji wasn't going to turn back after everything they had accomplished. Swallowing his fears, he was the first one to take a step forward, followed reluctantly by Ren. " or stop reading at the timeskip :
" <<<<<<<>>>>>>> "
which happens slightly before the mentioned scene. Again, if you don't want to read those scenes, stop reading at the mentioned point and pick up again from where I write my notes after the chapter concludes, or feel free to start with the next chapter instead.
_____________

Ren stood with Ryuji outside the school, by then most students had already left the building. Nevertheless, they still felt the need to hide in an alleyway to do their experiment. Ren held up his phone before Ryuji and pressed on the red icon of the Metaverse Navigator. He was still very hesitant to try it, but Ryuji didn't wait for him, he snatched the phone from his hand with a curious smile on his face " so this is the app that caused all of this? " he asked, looking at the map on display and the sound wave display reverberating in response to his words. " 𝙲𝚘𝚗𝚍𝚒𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗𝚜 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚋𝚎𝚎𝚗 𝚖𝚎𝚝 " came the response from the phone, startling Ryuji and causing him to drop the phone on the ground. With a sigh, Ren picked it back up again, the screen was already cracked as it was, he didn't need to damage the phone any more than that.

" are you sure you want to do this? " Ren asked Ryuji one last time

" I... I am... " despite Ryuji's response, his voice cracked a bit, he sounded less certain than he wanted. He scratched his head and looked at the street between them and the school, before continuing " I... I tried telling myself over and over again that it was all just a dream, but I couldn't lie to myself... we both know it's real, right? Then there was what I saw in there... the tortured students, that bastard Kamoshida, there's no way it's all just a coincidence, is it? And if... it was real... then Kamoshida is torturing those students and nobody could tell him to his face to shove it! We... we're the only ones who know of that place, we're the only ones who can save them! "

" okay... here goes nothing... " Ren said, showing the app to Ryuji once again " it keeps reacting to our voices, maybe we have to say something specific to spawn that castle... what was it we talked about the day before yesterday? "

" hm... I dunno... it was the first time we met, I thought you were going to rat me out to Kamoshida, but then it turned out you didn't know him? "

" something more specific " Ren said, trying to recall their conversation " you mentioned his name... Suguru Kamoshida? "

" 𝙲𝚊𝚗𝚍𝚒𝚍𝚊𝚝𝚎 𝚏𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚍 " the phone suddenly declared, startling both Ren and Ryuji. " it said something different! " Ryuji said, holding Ren by the shoulder and shaking him eagerly " you're on the right track!... probably... say something else! "

" hm... you called him a pervy teacher... " Ren's face suddenly lit up as he exclaimed " oh! And you said something about a castle "

" 𝙲𝚘𝚗𝚍𝚒𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗𝚜 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚋𝚎𝚎𝚗 𝚖𝚎𝚝. 𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚒𝚜 𝚊 𝚔𝚗𝚘𝚠𝚗 𝚕𝚘𝚌𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗, 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚌𝚊𝚗 𝚊𝚕𝚜𝚘 𝚝𝚛𝚊𝚗𝚜𝚏𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚘 𝚒𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚛𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚜𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚌𝚑 𝚑𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚢 𝚜𝚘 𝚕𝚘𝚗𝚐 𝚊𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚙𝚊𝚕𝚊𝚌𝚎 𝚎𝚡𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚜. 𝚆𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚗𝚊𝚟𝚒𝚐𝚊𝚝𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚙𝚎𝚌𝚒𝚏𝚒𝚎𝚍 𝚕𝚘𝚌𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗? "