Distorted Fantasy - Part One

A strong sudden reverberating headache interrupted him, he clutched his forehead with his hand while his elbow rested on the table to support him. For a second, the darkness of the dim interrogation room seemed infinite, the words of the prosecutor sitting right in front of him seemed distant and muffled. It took a few seconds for the headache to subside, allowing him to relax his grip on his forehead and look at the prosecutor again. She sighed, looking at her wristwatch, she knew she had little time to work with, and the fact that her drugged defendant was going through withdrawal that left him dazed and confused made the situation even more difficult for her. Ren had already told her in detail how his first two days in Tokyo went, though he spared her some sentimental details, but one thing he didn't forget to tell her was how time seemed to stop momentarily when he arrived in Shibuya.

" right... can you hear me now? " she asked him sternly " what did you mean ' time stopped ' ?! "

" I meant what I said, take of that what you will " Ren replied dryly

" what kind of fool do you take me for?! " she said. furiously banging her fist on the table " time stopping?! And only you and one random person—?! "

" you found out before you entered this room that I carry my heists thanks to ' another world ' " Ren replied, his voice rising above her " it's about time you reevaluate what is and isn't ' impossible ' , woman! "

" wh—what ?! " the prosecutor gasped angrily, watching as Ren clutched his head in pain, his sudden anger outburst didn't sit well with his current condition. That being said, it was a good invitation for her to re-think the cases, so she recomposed herself and said more calmly this time " you have a point, I apologize... let us continue... the day following your arrival in Shibuya, there was a subway accident. I assume you already know about what the public called the ' psychotic breakdown ' incidents "

" eh... I may or may have not, what relevance do they have...? " Ren said, looking aside at the dark corners of the room, showing disinterest in her words

" it was all over the news, and one of the victims was a teacher at your high school! I have no doubt you heard about it! " she said, kneeling slightly closer to catch his attention

" well if you have no doubt, then don't waste your time asking, sweetheart! " Ren said with a sardonic smile

Grr... I mustn't allow him to provoke me... she frowned, but kept her tone calm " I looked into your background information, your past, your family, everything. Other than the crime that placed you under probation, you were an ordinary student, your grades were great and you had a normal circle of friends. Even the decision to transfer you to Shujin academy shouldn't have been out of the ordinary, the school was like any above-average school in Tokyo. However, everything changed within few weeks after you transferred there... " she stopped halfway through her words when she noticed him chuckling

" really? You put a lot of work into this investigation, but you forgot the most obvious thing, and one I already told you about a few minutes ago " Ren laughed mockingly

"... do elaborate... " the prosecutor ignored Ren's attempt to taunt her, instead focusing on his answers " what was the drastic change that made you who you are now?! That moment that changed you from an ordinary student to an unstoppable criminal... tell me everything "

 tell me everything "