sented

Gemini and Fourth were laying in bed when Gemini smelt a sent that belonged to Fourth, Gemini looked over and saw that Fourth was asleep.
earlier.

Gemini lay beside Fourth in bed, his eyes wide open, taking in the world through the senses he relied on most. He felt the vibrations of Fourth's gentle breathing, the warmth of the blankets cocooning them, and then, a new sensation: a scent that belonged to Fourth. Gemini turned towards Fourth, only to find him fast asleep.

Unable to call out, Gemini gently nudged Fourth, his hands signing urgently. "Fourth, wake up. I smell something."

Fourth stirred, his eyes fluttering open. He looked at Gemini, understanding dawning as he saw the urgency in Gemini's hands.

"What is it?" Fourth signed back, sitting up.

Gemini sniffed the air again, trying to convey the complexity of the scent through gestures. "It's like your scent, but different somehow. I can't explain."

Fourth frowned, perplexed. "Different? Let me check."

He got out of bed and headed to the bathroom, Gemini's eyes following him intently. After a few moments, Fourth returned, holding up a bottle of soap.

"It's just a new soap I used," Fourth signed, showing Gemini the label. "Nothing unusual."

Gemini shook his head, still uncertain. "I don't know... it doesn't feel right."

Before Fourth could respond, there was a knock at the door. Both of them exchanged a puzzled look. Who could be visiting at this hour?

Gemini got up to answer the door, his heart pounding with anticipation. As he opened it, he was surprised to see Satang, a male beta from their old pack, standing in the doorway.

"Satang?" Gemini signed in surprise, his hands moving quickly. "What are you doing here?"

Satang smiled, signing back, "I was passing through town and thought I'd drop by to say hello. Is it a bad time?"

Gemini shook his head, gesturing for Satang to come inside. "No, not at all. Come in."

As Satang stepped into the room, Gemini couldn't help but wonder if his unexpected visit was somehow connected to the mysterious scent that had unsettled him earlier.