iv ━ a fancy sewer for four

Start from the beginning

Leo pulled a whistle and told Festus that whenever he heard it he had to come back, Festus nodded happily and flied off.

Piper took one step and winced. "Ah!"

"Your ankle?" Leo asked.

Rebecca inspected it. "That nectar we gave you might be wearing off. It's won't be healed for a couple of days more."

"How do you know?" The brunette asked.

"I used to break my bones quite a lot- Will Sollace ended up sick of me."

"The blonde Apollo kid we saw."

Rebecca smiled family. "The one and only."

"Let's get out of the wind," Jason suggested.

"Down a drain?" Piper shuddered. "Sounds cozy."

They wrapped themselves up as best they could and headed toward the fountain.

The giant monitor walls stayed dark. The drain hole was easily big enough for a person, and a maintenance ladder led down into the gloom.

Jason went first. As he climbed, he braced himself for horrible sewer smells, but it wasn't that bad. The ladder dropped into a brickwork tunnel running north to south. The air was warm and dry, with only a trickle of water on the floor.

Then went Rebecca that didn't see a plaque of ice, her foot slipped for a second losing balance of the stair.

Jason caught her, she tried looking anywhere but him.

He was warm, and it was so cold.

She slowly looked up, their eyes meeting, his eyes... They were so blue, his entire face seemed perfect.

Except the little scar, she remembered when they had kissed years ago.

She could feel her wild heartbeat and his hot breath. Their noses brushed.

Electric blue against violent green.

The memory of the kiss had made her blush.

He smiled stupidly. "Are you blushing?"

She rushed out of his arms. "No! Don't be stupid! It's cold! And I wouldn't blushed because of you!"

His smile fell. "That's great, because I wouldn't want you either."

Piper and Leo climbed down after, oblivious to what had happened and the tension between the two.

"Are all sewers this nice?" Piper wondered.

"No," Leo said. "Trust me."

Jason frowned. "How do you know-"

"Hey, man, I ran away six times."

Rebecca turned to him. "No way- I've run away six times too!"

They both high fived, it seemed so odd to see Rebecca high five, Jason had to blink twice to make sure it was real.