𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

Start from the beginning

"I think they're going to take a person, and you'll have an hour to get them back." Her eyebrows shoot up to her hairline.

"Which means they'll take you..." Percy wrapped his arms around her. "It should be easy enough, I know how to do the bubblehead charm, and I can morph my legs into a tail."

"I doubt they'll let anything happen to us, and I can't drown Darling." Lyra rolled her eyes. "Serious things aside. Lyra, light of my life, will you accompany me to the Yule Ball?"

"Of course I will, fish boy," she said pressing a chaste kiss to his lips. "I hope you know how to dance Star because we have to do the opening one."

"What?!"

✶✷✶

Lyra woke Christmas day to a singing boyfriend, and a pile of gifts at the end of their bed.

"Good morning my beautiful, amazing, sexy, badass girlfriend." Percy jumped up onto the bed pulling Lyra into his arms, "oh, and Merry Christmas Andromeda."

"Merry Christmas to you too Perseus," she pressed her lips to his, letting them linger slightly, not wanting the moment to end. "You're very chipper this morning. Did you have any sugar?"

Percy doesn't even bat an eye, "yes, mom sent cookies."

"What?!" Lyra bolted out of bed, sprinting into the common area. She spotted the box of cookies and snatched it up.

"Sally is a goddess," she mumbled, taking a bite out of a blue cookie. "Oh, my Gods they get better every time I eat them."

"Save some for me Lyra," Percy leaned against the doorframe, a pout on his lips.

"Mmhm, yeah," the girl took two more cookies before closing the box and setting it on the table.

"Want to open presents?"

"Finally, I thought you'd never ask." He said before throwing her over his shoulder and onto the bed as they re-entered their room.

✶✷✶

An hour later every one of their presents had been opened and all the wrapping paper vanished.

Lyra stared down at the jacket in her hands, it was leather, very worn in, and smelled faintly of cigarettes and spearmint. It stirred a sort of recognition inside of her that she couldn't quite place.

She pulled it on, turning to look in the mirror. It fit perfectly, a little bit oversized and obviously well worn, but looked like she had been born to wear it.

Her eyes drifted over to the rest of the presents. The one from her mother standing out against the others. A stunning beaded ivory dress, with shoes to match.

For the ball darling, I couldn't let my daughter go in anything but the best. -mom

Lyra had smiled at the short note in the box before placing the lid over the dress, hiding it from Percy's prying eyes.

Percy had gotten her a pair of sparkling diamond earrings, and a personalized star map, "for the apartment," he'd said. It was one of her favorite gifts, he knew how much the stars meant to her.

She'd received a book on astronomy from Annabeth and Jason. A new first aid kid, full of extra ambrosia and nectar, from Will. Nico had given the two of them leather bracelets engraved with the names of their whole friend group, the inside engraved with the names of the close friends they'd lost.

Thalia had sent her a new dagger with the Andromeda constellation carved into the surface, and Leo had sent a Christmas howler and a bunch of baked goods, she figured he's been stress cooking again.