The professor droned on and on about Planck's constant, but you couldn't focus. Your mind kept wandering back to Bucky. It was rare that someone could put a smile on your face if they weren't a close friend or family member, but you hadn't stopped smiling while in his presence. He was intelligent and funny. Sarcastic, but not mean. Sweet, but genuine. He was the type of man you could see yourself falling for.

It was too soon to be thinking about that, though. You had known Bucky for less than half a day. He was bound to have some unforgivable flaw. All men did. That's why you barely dated and that was why you were still a virgin. The majority of the guys you met on campus were all after one thing and you weren't planning on being part of their conquest to conquer every female in the school. Instead of trying to find a diamond in a heap of coal, you devoted yourself to your studies and your job. The right guy would come along eventually and he would be worth the wait.

Once your class was over, you walked to the student center and snagged a table by the window to wait for Bucky. He still had a few minutes left before he'd be free, so you pulled out your phone and let him know that you were waiting.

You: Already got us a table. See you in a few.

Bucky: Leaving class now. Be there in ten.

Bucky: If I don't get lost.

You: FaceTime me and I'll come rescue you again if you do, my little damsel in distress.

Bucky: Not funny.

You: You're right. It's hilarious.

You chuckled to yourself and placed your phone on the table. Every few minutes, your eyes wandered towards the entrance of the student center where Bucky would most likely enter. A few minutes later you saw him walk into the dining area and begin scanning the room for you. When his eyes found you, he smiled and navigated his way through the tables and students positioned around the room. Bucky was two tables away from you when a busty, raven haired girl in tight hip huggers, tall heels, and a crop top blocked his path.

"Ugh, Willa Taylor. Seriously?" You grumbled and slumped back in your seat .

Willa was your best friend from kindergarten through middle school, but the summer before high school she changed...and not in a good way. She filled out, started dressing in skimpier clothing, wore caked on layers of makeup, and made friends with the popular kids thanks to her older sister. You became nothing but a forgotten memory to her and she had been your sworn enemy ever since.

Even when your body finally developed and you began feeling comfortable enough in your own skin to wear something other than t-shirts and jeans to school, Willa was so far gone that your friendship was irreparable. She was your real life Regina George and it was a damn shame that she couldn't fall victim to a little bit of karma and get hit by a bus. You picked up your phone and pretended to scroll through Instagram while trying to hear their conversation and side-eyeing the pair.

"Hi! I'm Willa. What's your name, cutie?"

Her voice was squeaky and annoying, but the guys on your small college campus seemed to find it attractive based on the fact that she had a different boyfriend every few weeks.

"Uh, James." He said, annoyance clear on his face.

"You're new here, right?"

"Yeah. Just transferred."

His eyes shifted to you and he tried moving around Willa, but she placed her hand on his chest to stop him. His gaze drifted down to her hand and then moved to her face. Bucky took a step back and let her hand fall away from his body.