4} Fallen Petals

Gerudo Town, normally lively, became quiet as the night started to settle in, signaled by the cover of darkness that was cast upon Hyrule when the sun fell below the distant horizon. The moon began its ascent above the kingdom, falling short to bring the light the sun granted, but never the beauty. Cold air was carried along with the gentle desert breeze, bringing a chill about the wasteland, and any travelers out wandering managed to find shelter, eager to get some rest before continuing their ventures at dawn.

As the people of the Gerudo began to calm, the silence provided peace to one little room deep in the east side of the town. The room had served more than one purpose in its time, showing in the tapestries on the walls and furniture that always remained on the perimeter. But on this particular evening, the main focus of the room was in the center. It was a small, light wooden table, hidden by the pure white cloth that covered it's surface and fell evenly around the sides. Two chairs, matching the table, were placed on either side of it- the seats not much lower than the rim of the tablecloth.

In the very center of the table sat a glass vase, filled halfway with water. Strong, golden yellow stems ran their way from the bottom of the vase to the top, and few soft leaves grew from their sides, folded down to fit into the vase. At the top of the stems, the beautiful petals of the Sundelions spread out, glowing with delicate light that could rival that of the candles placed thoughtfully around the room; their flames dancing and swaying, providing a dim glow to the chamber.

Faint clicking drew nearer to the room, eventually stopping as a pair of golden heels stopped in one of the two entrances to the room. The Gerudo Chief took in a deep breath of the air, the scents of flowers and candles registering in her mind as her eyes scanned the room. She wanted to make sure it was perfect.

As she stepped further in the room, the slight echo of her footsteps did little to interrupt the tranquility in the small quarters, and once again, she halted, just behind her chair, and her hands gently gripped the top of it.

The Sundelions in the glass is what her eyes were on the most, studying their golden petals. She had always been fond of them, admiring their elegance and endurance. How they could grow in such unique conditions, and thrive where other flowers would grow weak. It was something that piqued her curiosity, she thought, as she gazed at the faint sparks of gold light that they emitted. Perhaps the reason it was her favorite flower.

Urbosa's ears perked up as she heard jingling outside, and after a few moments, you appeared in the opposite entry. She pushed herself away from her chair, eyes meeting quickly with yours - but they just as soon began wandering your form as she took notice of your outfit.

You were dressed in a classic Gerudo style outfit - wearing a short, black top that wrapped around your chest. It went off your shoulder, with light, flowy sleeves that ended just above your elbows, and you had a deep V-neck that cut right up to the lower rim of the shirt. You had a deep green skirt, and it had a slit on one side. The fabric where the slit was covered hardly the top half of your thigh, but on the opposite side, it reached your knee.

Your heels were deep gold, with black gems on the straps that wrapped over your feet and ankles. This led her to see the rest of the jewelry you were wearing, most golden with some form of black accents - whether it was gems, carvings or designs.

While Urbosa was looking over you, you did the same for her. She was wearing a short, navy blue top adorned with golden markings. The cloth was met by a golden ring in the center of her chest, and while the straps didn't cover her entire shoulders, she had a loose, deeper blue scarf wrapped around her arms, giving her some form of protection from the chill of the night. Her skirt was the same shade of blue as the scarf, nearly reaching her ankles in the back, but in the front the rim was at her knees.