EPILOGUE: Ethereal Hell

How could he do this?

And to me, out of all the people he could've chosen...

I still don't understand what he saw in me that made me a perfect candidate...

Was it my personality...?

My appearance...?

My family's devotion to him...?

I don't know... And he never tells me, either.

Either way, it doesn't change what he's done.

To me and my family...

He tricked me...

He tricked me and my family.

For many years, I thought I could trust him.

I thought he was my friend.

I thought he was my true savior.

But in truth? I was nothing more than a naive and pathetic fool.

I foolishly took his hand, thinking that what he was offering me was a great opportunity.

But instead, it only brought on years of suffering and torment.

To both my family and the people around me...

He killed my brother.

He killed my best friend.

He made me kill my parents.

And he made me kill myself...

And now, because of him...

Because I was too blinded by my devotion to him...

I am hideous...

I've become this ugly and disgusting monster...

I've become a slave to tend to his own twisted version of entertainment...

A marionette puppet for him to control and use for his own sadistic pleasures...

A bird that was once carefree and happy but was soon forced into a cage...

I hate him.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

[12/23/2015]

[3:33 AM]

[Mandela County, Wisconsin]

-------------------------------------------------------------------

The crunching of leaves and snapping of twigs as they were crushed under heavy boots and hard hooves.

The howling of the cold winds that scratched the man's face as he ran for his life, panting heavily as he did his best to ignore the throbbing pain in his leg muscles, and the rapid thumping of his heart as it rang in his ears.

The high-pitched whines and inhuman snarls of the 12-foot-tall beast that was out for the man's blood followed behind him as he sprinted through the thick trees of the dense forest.

The man had been on a camping trip in these woods with his family and went out to get more wood for their fire. But he came back and saw his wife and his kids dead and being eaten alive by the humanoid Wendigo Alternate that was currently chasing him. The man didn't dare to look behind him and just kept on running, trying to make his way back to the safety of his vehicle parked outside on the road so that he could escape as quickly as possible.