PROLOGUE- The Devil's Lullaby

Have you ever heard of the case they call "The Flores Family"...?

Rumor has it that it's one of the most infamously well known police cases in all of Bythorne County...

However, the case on it's own is usually discussed with fearful glances and hushed voices...

...but that's just the general case...

The story BEHIND the case is usually met with dirty looks and threats to never bring it up again.

But those who are lucky will get someone to tell the complete tale of The Flores Family's case...

.

.

.

.

And they will start all the way from the very beginning...

From the year 2012 to the year 1989...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[3:30 Am]

[10/18/1989]

[Mandela County, Wisconsin]

---------------------------------------------

Thump...

Thump...

Thump...

Samuel listened with growing anxiety as the sound of heavy footsteps sounded from outside him and his wife's shared bedroom. Though he was unsure whether it was an alternate or not...there was one thing for certain:

...It's presence was not one of a human's...

As Samuel contemplated whether or not he should wake up his wife to alert her of what was happening, he felt a strong presence standing in the doorway...staring at him and his wife as they slept...

He froze...he didn't dare to move a muscle and held his breath until he felt it leave.

When it did, Samuel slightly sat up in bed and listened out for it's footsteps.

Thump...

Thump...

Thump...

...Silence...

...A door knob turning...

Thump...

Thump...

SLAM!

Samuel let out a shaky breath when he heard the thing go into the room next to his and closed the door...

Only for his heart to sink into his stomach when he realized that the room next door belonged to his 9-month old daughter, Daniella...

Dread and Paranoia filled him inside as he reached into the drawer of his bedside table and slowly pulled out a knife that he kept in case of an emergency.

'It won't work against an alternate...if it is one...' Samuel thought to himself. "But at this point, what do I have to lose...?" 

Being cautious to not wake up his wife or his son, Samuel slowly arose of his bed and made his way down the hall to Daniella's nursery. The overwhelming amount of adrenaline coursing through him causing his body to shake.

He stood anxiously in front of the door, clutching the knife tightly with both hands. As Samuel went to open the door, he stopped when he heard a sequence of noises coming from inside...