CHAPTER 1- "Little Lamb~"

[12/06/1994]

[8:30 AM] 

[Mandela County, Wisconsin]

---------------------------------------------

"Dani! Hurry up!" Barbara called out to her daughter. 'You don't want to miss the bus!"

Daniella quickly pulled her long brunette hair into a messy bun before swiftly grabbing her thick winter coat and Hello Kitty backpack as she raced out the door and down the stairs to meet her mother, who was already waiting for her at the front door.

"Sorry mommy! I- hah...- I had to fi- phew- I had to finish to doing my hair.." Daniella panted. Barbara laughed at this. Meanwhile, her older brother and her father were already ready and waiting for her.

"Finally!" David complained as he brushed his dark brown locks away from his face. "Took you long enough, slowpoke!" Samuel, Daniella and David's father, shook his head in disappointment as he looked at his watch.

"Oh be quiet!" Daniella rolled her eyes at her brother as she wiggled into her winter coat. He was lucky that they didn't have time this morning for another silly argument. The four of them all said their respective goodbyes to each other and went their separate ways to work and school.

It was a snowy morning in Mandela County, so the ground was thick with ice and snow and the air was sharp and bitterly cold. Daniella sauntered onwards with her mother's hand in hers, watching with disinterest as several cars passed by them. Groaning in annoyance when they came to a stop at a crosswalk, worried that she was going to miss the bus.

"Calm down, Dani." Barbara reassured her daughter. "We'll make it before the bus arrives, don't worry." Daniella huffed and gripped onto her mother's hand tighter, watching once again as more cars passed by, occasionally glancing at the crosswalk sign.

Suddenly, the world around her converted from a busy crosswalk...to an ill-lit void that seemed to go on forever...

Daniella scanned the dark area in confusion until her eyes suddenly landed on a person that looked almost exactly like her dad standing on the other side of the crosswalk. The only difference was instead of the same viridescent green eyes that Daniella had inherited from him...the doppelgänger had the same colored eyes as the void around her...

"Hey kiddo!" It sounded so much like him... "What are you doing over there? Get over here!!"

Daniella hesitated. She wasn't sure she should trust it, especially knowing her parents had told her to never EVER trust anyone that was pretending to be her family or her friends. And since she had seen her dad walk the opposite direction this morning....

But then again...it's her dad...she could trust him...right...?

As if someone was maneuvering her, Daniella let go of her mother's hand and slowly took one step off of what used to be the curb...

Dani...?

She stepped off the sidewalk and walked towards the figure...

Dani!!

She was about to reach her father when all of a sudden...

SKRRRRRRRRR!!!!!

"DANI WATCH OUT!!!!"

Daniella blinked once and the void and the impersonator were gone...She turned around...But it was too late...

The last thing she remembered seeing was a car charging towards her like an angry bull charging at a bull fighter and her mother crouched over her in tears...