The Vengeful Wife

After working up the nerve, the following morning I finally listened to what Sawyer instructed me to do. The last thing I wanted was to listen to anything one of the Saviours had told me, but he was right, I couldn't let myself deteriorate in this room. I thought about what Glenn would do, and I know he would fight tooth and nail to get himself back to our family. He wouldn't be sulking or moping in bed, he'd be creating a plan. And even though I don't entirely trust Sawyer yet, that desperate boy was my only option. Negan would be back soon and I was determined to be ready.

I rubbed my hands anxiously on the sides of this god-awful dress and gripped the door handle, pushing it open slowly. I listened for a moment, hearing only the soft voices of a few women coming from the common room just down the hall. When I didn't hear the men's voices, I tentatively stepped out of the room. My shoes made a shuffling sound on the floor, echoing down the hallway and alerting the other women of my approach. Three women sat around the common area, two on the sofa and another one on a single loveseat. The fourth woman stood over at the unattended bar top, swirling what looked to be an amber liquor in her glass. I hated the thought, but they all looked so pathetic. They looked like four little birds trapped in this cage with their wings clipped. I refuse to turn into that, I wanted to be the cat poking around just enough to set us free.

Three of them looked over at me like they were waiting for me to make the first move. I wondered if they were trying to feel out my mental state at the moment. Whether I was terrified and would just break down crying, or if I was confused and start running. However, I am sure they may just be scared of me as they all either heard or had seen what I had done to that Saviour. It was the one girl who looked no older than twenty who kept her head down. Her long, thick blonde hair covered most of her tear-stained cheeks. She was one of the women sitting on the couch, a pixie-faced redhead consoling her with a gentle rub on her back.

"Hello," I sighed out softly. They seemed to ease at the simple greeting. My tone was calm and steady, I was not going to break down or run.

"How are you feeling?" the woman over at the bar asked. Her silky brown hair was cut to her shoulders, her hazel eyes pinning me in place. She was beautiful, they all were. She took a sip from her drink waiting for my answer. The way that she held herself, reminded me of Rosita. No bullshit, no fear, she was adaptable. She accepted her fate here, whatever it may be, and made the most of it.

"I'm fine now," I answered, hoping they couldn't see through my facade. The truth was that I was fine, if I was here alone I'd probably go after anyone who came within two feet of me before eventually turning into one of these women and accepting defeat. But I'm not here alone, what made me scared and the only thing that kept my anger from boiling over was Daryl's fate here as well. "I want to know why I'm here though. I need one of you to tell me why Negan brought me here."

"What's your name?" The woman at the bar disregarded my question, walking over from the table and taking a seat on one of the chairs. She motioned for me to sit as well.

I obliged hoping that this would eventually lead to some answers. "Scar." I sat down on the last remaining two-seater sofa.

She gave me a small half-smile, "I'm Sherry. This is Tanya," she pointed to the woman who sat alone on one of the single loveseats. Her nearly black hair also seemed to be cut short, but it had been pulled back from her face, only her front bangs hanging loose. She granted me a weak smile. "Frankie," Sherry then pointed over to the pixie-faced woman. She greeted me with a simple 'Hi.' "And Negan's newest wife, Amber." She motioned toward the younger woman who still seemed to be emotional, although, she had calmed down since my arrival.

My head snapped towards Sherry, trying to hide the confusion on my face, "Newest wife?" I nearly stuttered. "You are all his wives?"

Sherry looked around, even though we were the only people in this room. Her eyes darted toward the open door leading out into the main hallway. Tanya immediately stood, already knowing what that look meant and went to shut the door.