Chapter 6

Adi's did not mention the girl's name. I know it's going to be difficult to find her but I did not expect it would take a week for me too just to find her name. it was for me to find her after that. Please don't ask me how was I able to find her when Adi was trying his best to find her. Well, there is a secret you guys are not aware of me, I will tell you guys later about that as what is the fun in having everyone know everything about you.

I know Aishu's relatives are not easy to convince so I had let my uncle help me a bit. Yes, the girl in white saree whom Adi met is Aishu who happens to be the daughter of my grand father's friend. so, I am waiting for my uncle's return. Hope it's a good news.

When I was busy in my thoughts I received a call from an unknown number. Something in me told it was Dev, I attended the call. I told nothing and heard nothing. It was just silent and for 3 minutes 45 seconds. A peaceful silence where thousands of words were communicated through just silence. Just when I was about to speak my uncle returned home. He looked tired and I just cut the call. I wanted to speak to him but I can't. it was not my ego or anything like that it was the only way to protect me. It's the only way where none of us are hurt. There is no ego when it comes to love because when there is ego there is no love. I crave to hear his voice, to speak to him but I know I can't. He is doing this for his benefit not because he loves me. Truth is bitter like a pill but you have to swallow it for your well being.

My uncle told me that after a lot of struggle they have accepted Aishu to wed Adi. Finally, I can see the old Adi back.

After 3 days:

Adi met Aishu with his family and asked Aishu's hand in marriage according to the tradition the very evening my uncle convinced her relatives. Adi is in cloud nine as it's today his engagement. A small function is conducted in the dinner hall of one of the finest hotels in this city with all the close family members called. My parents, sister, uncle and aunt arrived today morning. They were really tired after a long journey. I hugged my parents as soon as I saw them and asked them sorry. It was actually my first time fighting with them and there was not a single night when I didn't regret it. I love them a lot and can never bear their sadness.

I wore a magenta colour saree with white stone earing and a matching neckpiece. I loved wearing saree and magenta is my favourite colour. The dinning hall booked where decorated with fresh light pink flowers. Light pink was the theme as it was Adi's favourite colour because it was Aishu's favourite colour. Men in love are the craziest creatures on this earth.

The engagement took place happily and it was the time for dance. All the elders where in the garden chatting like they were the close friends without whom they can't breathe and we the youngers took the dance floor according to the names picked from the lucky draw.

To spice up the situation after an hour we started calling them in pairs and to our disappointment all those pairs belong to the same sex but my brother was lucky enough to get a girl who was 4year old. The most funniest part was that he ended up dancing for the song "Baby Shark a doo doo". We loved my brother's dance the most.

With the luck not favouring anyone the lucky draw was cancelled and the one on stage can call anyone to dance with them. To my surprise my brother called me. Just when we started dancing there entered the guy with magenta coloured coat who looked so tired. Yup, you guys are right it was Dev.