Chapter 10

Vegas was again observing the sleeping figure next to him. Again looking so peaceful and serene Pete was lying curled up, both hands tugged between his thighs. If every threat is removed from his surrounding, then Pete is still like a child. Happy, enjoying, giggling at tiny joys of life. And even though Vegas himself has not had a very happy childhood he knows even he doesn't value the little charms of life like Pete would if given a chance. Why would anyone have a heart to rob that off from him. And even Vegas brought so many problems for him. Pete deserves so much from life and he must get that. He must be able to run on streets , laughing from his happy heart, eating ice creams and taking selfies pouting with his cute face rather than thinking about how to fight the ugliest people in his world. Vegas has always seen glimpses of sweetness in Pete in rare scenarios but they were immediately hidden by him. But Vegas never thought that there will come a day when he will call Pete cute.

A wind blows in and Pete shivers shrinking himself more. He was not wearing any clothes and while making love with him Vegas had thrown the blanket away which was lying on the floor. He gets down and picks it up to cover Pete. And sees Pete saying something in sleep.He got close to him and heard his name from Pete's mouth.

"Did you say something Pete?" He asked though Pete was completely sleep talking yet he answered his question

"Vegas, don't go away"
"I want to hear that again when you are awake and I will never go away Pete. Just say it once when you wake up" he places a soft kiss on Pete's forehead and gets up to see the pictures he took. There were so many happy moments today that it almost feels like a dream. All the candid pictures of Pete are so beautiful. In many he was hardly aware of Vegas clicking him and he looked so happy and engrossed in those moments. Pete was the depiction of life in these pictures.

But then Vegas frowns in confusion. Because there are many pictures where Pete was a complete change of personality. Vegas thinks that he can't be that wrong. Pete definitely looks a little terrified in some pictures. His smile looks forced and eyes shows anticipation. This can't be Vegas's overthinking. He really wants to know what Pete is hiding from him. He looks at Pete who was moving his hands as if trying to feel Vegas beside him. Vegas goes immediately and gets inside the blanket and let's Pete place his head on his chest. It's almost early morning. He sleeps deciding that tomorrow he will definitely ask Pete about his life. There is something that's making him a little restless, as if his time with Pete is about to get over. He doesn't know what the next moment will bring to them but tomorrow he will tell Pete that he doesn't want to be separated from him. He will convince Pete with all his will power.

Pete wakes up slightly flinching when he feels a tender touch on his lower back. Looking over his shoulders he saw Vegas who went more down towards his butt and kissed again. Pete's hands went in Vegas's hairs and he slowly moves them. The way Vegas was looking and touching him he knew what he was thinking.

"You want to kiss away my scars Vegas?"

Vegas just looks at Pete and there was only an unsaid question reflected in his eyes which was will Pete let him do that?

"Then you should kiss here" Pete points between his chest seeing which Vegas gets up and moves closer to Pete turning him towards himself.

"The deepest scar I have got is the one in my soul. I almost believed that it will never be cured but then I met you. I think I have been healing in pieces since you came in my life."

Pete snuggles up in Vegas's arms.

" Since it's very deep, it's still there, and got freshened up again. But you take away everything Vegas. You take away every pain. With you i often forget that i am injured so deeply."

Pete puts Vegas's palm on his chest and a tear drops from the corner of his eyes. Vegas leans down and kisses him there. Vegas couldn't ask him anything. When Pete is saying that Vegas helps him forget his pain then how can he rub salt on it again.