Chapter 9

Inner thoughts will be in Bold

Pete was breathing softly on Vegas's forearms. He was looking so calm, innocent. Free from any malice, any burden. Just like a child sleeping with a smile on his face without caring about the world. Vegas thinks what was Pete before meeting him?

Was he a joyful person? Did he enjoyed life or was he always hiding in his darkness. Has he ever tasted the first rain? Has he ever played with the wet mud. Has he climbed the trees in his childhood? What exactly was his childhood like? Was he naughty or was he always this serious? Did he look cute? He mostly looks sexy but right now he is cute. Maybe he was cute as a child. Was he loved? Was he scarred ? Did anyone hug him and cradled him to sleep? Does he have siblings? Is there too much about him that's hidden or its less than even a two line poem? Vegas is immersed in these thoughts when his eyes caught the drool over Pete's lip corner and he just chuckled.
This is what he wants. Looking at Pete every morning like this. Is Pete always this beautiful while he sleeps? How would I know , I was the one who was always sleeping in his safe arms while he must be going through a lot of thoughts that moment. Maybe worried, tired, hurt, in pain, wanting to get up, walk, drink water or maybe he also wanted to sleep safely in Vegas's arms but he let Vegas have that comfort and spend his nights wide awake caring for him. But now Vegas wants to change things. He wants that Pete should be free from any pressures. He wants to give Pete so much protection, so much comfort that no fears should bound him in world of cruelty because of his helplessness. Pete deserved love and only love and now Vegas's love.

He gets close and wipes the drool off and wakes Pete up a few times but fails. Probably he has had his best sleep in a long time and Vegas really doesn't want to disturb him, but now its too late and he cannot afford getting bored and not listening to Pete's voice anymore hence he opts for a mischievous way.

"get up" Vegas whispers in Pete's ears

Pete squirms a little trying lazily to move Vegas away .

"Get up, get up , get up"

"No, I am in deep sleep" Pete says pouting. He is out of his slumber already but still wants to be in bed.

"You are awake already. You just need to open your eyes" Vegas blows an air on Pete's eyes. He is not stepping back either.

'uuggggghhh, Vegas stop it. Let me sleep "

"Peeeteeee, wake upppp peteeeee" Vegas sings in his ears to irritate him

"Vegas i will kill you. Let me sleep for ten more minutes" Pete said but then even in his half lazy state he immediately remembered all the incidents from yesterday and he cannot help but imagine what Vegas must be thinking about him after he heard him just say it so casually about killing him. That's how always alert and guilty he feels. He turned around to say sorry and again start a string of explanations when Vegas snatched his blanket and splashed some water on him and again Pete was irritated uttering the same words.

"Vegas i will kill you"

"Good , atleast you will get up with that as an excuse. Are you really going to sleep all day? Let's go out. What kind of vacation is this? Just stuck in a hotel room.

"Just to remind you this is not a vacation but your escape trip. We don't need to roam around the city. Just be here and be safe. Tomorrow anyways we have a flight back to aomori." He tries to take the blanket again but in vain as Vegas is holding it tightly.

"Vegas!!!!!

"I want to go out , I am getting hell bored"

"We can't. It's dangerous. Specially after yesterday's incident "