Teacher's Pet Pt. 3*

Start from the beginning

"Close your eyes." He said excitedly.

"What?"

"Close your eyes. It's the first part of your surprise."

You chuckled and shut your eyes. Bucky's hands covered your eyes and he guided you forward slowly. He pulled you to a stop and then you heard his shoes softly thudding along the hardwood of the floor. You kept your eyes closed and waited patiently for him to tell you to open them. It was easy to see the excitement that painted his face and you knew it would break his heart if you ruined the surprise by peeking.

"Okay, open your eyes, Y/n."

Your eyes opened to the dining room lit by candles that Bucky had placed on the table and around the room. A large bouquet of sunflowers and red roses sat on the table along with two plates filled with the most delicious food you'd ever smelt. On the corner of the table was a rectangular box wrapped in black paper with a shiny gold bow on top.

"Congratulations, kitten. It's nothing spectacular, but I wanted us to celebrate, just the two of us."

"Bucky, this is amazing. I love it."

You turned and wrapped your arms around his neck then placed a kiss on his cheek. A wide smile split your face and you hurried around the table to take a seat.

"Is this for me?" You motioned to the gift.

"Yeah, but I want you to open it after we eat." Bucky said as he took the set at the head of the table.

"You didn't have to get me anything. You know that, right?"

"I promise I didn't pay a thing for it, but I know you're going to love it. It's going to change your life, kitten, and it'll give us something else to celebrate." Bucky winked at you and his words piqued your curiosity.

"Oh, really?"

"Really. Let's eat and then you can open it."

"Do I have to wait?"

"Yep. Sorry, kitten."

You huffed, but picked up your fork and dug into your food. Now that you were officially no longer Bucky's student, he began making all types of plans for the two of you. He wanted to take you to London over the summer to visit the Globe Theatre and then Key West to visit the Ernest Hemingway home and museum. He even started planning a trip to Richmond to take you to a museum dedicated to your favorite macabre author, Edgar Allan Poe. You were excited for the adventures Bucky wanted the two of you to embark on, but the best part was that you wouldn't have to hide your relationship any longer.

The two of you talked a bit more after you finished eating, but you found your eyes straying to the neatly wrapped box at the corner of the table. Bucky noticed and his lips quirked up in a smirk. He slid the box across the table to you and rested his chin in his hand.

"Go on and open it, kitten." He said softly.

You grinned and grabbed the box quickly. The paper was ripped away in seconds and you pulled the lid off. A letter was laid out flat on the bottom of the box and your brows furrowed in confusion. You looked up at Bucky who was still smirking.

"Read it."

You grabbed the letter gently and scanned the logo in the top left hand corner. It was from the R&R Publishing Company. Your eyes moved through the text quickly as you shot upwards in shock. You wanted to cry, to jump up and down, to squeal with joy, but instead you stood staring at the page dumbfounded.

"I-is this r-real?" You finally stammered.

"As real as that degree you earned today." Bucky stood up and moved in front of you.