Teacher's Pet Pt. 2*

Mulai dari awal

"How's your day been, Y/n. Do anything exciting?"

Bucky's voice broke through your thoughts and drew your attention to him.

"Um, not really. Just organized my thoughts and jotted down some notes. Took a look back at last week's assignment as a refresher."

"I'm looking forward to discussing your thoughts."

Bucky had been watching you since you entered his office. You were nestled into the corner of the couch looking around his office as if it were the most interesting thing in the world. Your body was less tense than when you first entered, but he could still see his shy little kitten hovering at the surface.

"How was your day? Did you get everything done that you needed to?" You asked softly.

His brow furrowed for a moment before he remembered your conversation after class. The reason he wanted to meet in the evening wasn't because he had other things to do during the day. In truth, he spent his day lazing around his house and making sure he had everything prepared for your meeting. Bucky wanted to have dinner with you and then engage you in some light conversation to get to know you better.

"Oh, yeah. All done." He smiled. "So, Y/n. Tell me about yourself."

He sat back into the corner of the couch with his foot resting on his knee as he ate. You chewed thoughtfully and paused a few moments before answering.

"Like what?"

"Everything."

Bucky's blue eyes pierced through you, making your breath catch in your chest. His eyes were so intense, but seductively warm as he stared at you.

"Well..." You set your food down and then leaned back. "I'm a New York native. I'll be graduating with my graduate degree in a few weeks and then I hope to find work at a publishing company while working on my first novel."

"How did you get into writing?" Bucky set his own container of food down and devoted his full attention to you.

"I fell in love with writing at a young age. I guess you could say I was a bookworm and the stories I read inspired me to create my own worlds. It felt freeing to slip into something of my own creation. My parents fought a lot when I was younger. They finally divorced when I was ten, but instead of fighting with each other like they used to, they started using me against the other. Writing was my escape to a place where I could have the life and ending that I wanted, not the one someone else decided for me."

"I love how passionate you are when you talk about your writing."

"It's important to me." You shrugged.

"It shows." Bucky responded affectionately.

A sizzling connection hung in the air between the two of you. Both of your eyes were trained on each other until Bucky's fell to your parted lips. You heard him suck in a sharp breath. You noticed the way he looked at you last night during class and the way his tone was teasing as he spoke. It was the reason you accepted his invitation to meet.

You wanted to know if it was just a fluke brought on by the racy writing prompt or if there was a true attraction brewing. Based on your current situation, you felt safe assuming he was genuinely attracted to you. The knowledge gave you the courage to show a part of yourself that you normally kept hidden.

"I'm eager to talk about the new story you assigned."

Bucky noted the confident tone in your voice and the way your eyes darkened. His scared kitten was gone and the little minx you had shown him last night was back. His lips cocked into a half smirk and he found himself leaning towards you, resting his elbows on his knees.