I quicken my pace as I get nearer to the front door, once I get outside to the lawn I slam the door shut and let out a sigh of relief when I look around and no one is around.

I walk further down the trashed lawn trying to calm my breathing down.

Once I feel more presentable I smooth the creases on my top and walk towards the front door.

I flinch in surprise when the door jolts open.

"Lizzie it's not what it looked like-" I cut him off before he goes any further,

"You don't owe me an explanation Luke, I was just surprised that's all." I say as I try to walk around him, he steps in front of me blocking my path.

"Lizzie-" he starts,

"No Luke seriously, we're friends you can fuck whoever you want" I cringe at the way the words come out, this whole situation just brought me back down to earth and reminded me of what blinded me.

Sure I might of had an attraction for Luke but it's not my fault, he's handsome and well flirty. But Luke does casual and I don't. Luke had girls on speed dial. Luke is the rival hockey team captain.

We don't fit.

Just as he steps closer, his eyes locked on mine a voice from across the lawn breaks us apart.

"You said you didn't do girlfriends Luke, so who the fuck is this!" A gorgeous brunette roars from the side of the lawn, she marches over to us and I make sure to take a lot of steps back.

Luke looks over at me but I can't tell what emotion he is expressing, his face is stone, my eyes go wide as the girl shoves his shoulder.

"You said I would be the first one you would call if you changed your mind, so why are you running all around the place for this slut?" It takes me a moment to realise what she just called me and I'm having none of it.

"Don't call her that Hannah." Luke says his body gone stiff as his eyes shift over to me,

"What the fuck" I say back at her, she turns on her heel and faces with me and for a moment I feel bad, her eyes are on the verge of tears and she has a somber look on her face. But that somber look is gone the minute she sees me and is replaced with a scowl.

"Who are you?!" She shouts at me,

"Lizzie, nice to meet you. And Luke isn't-" she cuts me off by turning back to Luke,

"Lizzie Myers are you fucking kidding me?! Seriously you could have any girl in the state and you choose the one for your RIVAL campus." She rages, Luke doesn't move, he doesn't move a muscle so I take it upon myself to deny her assumptions.

"Me and Luke aren't together" I say trying to remain calm, luckily people haven't noticed the little seen Hannah is making the only people who can see are the neighbour's.

"Oh save it" she says her voice clipped just when I think she is going to ignore me she turns back on her heel and slaps me. slaps me.

My body doesn't process it at first all I can feel is the sting on my cheek, the next thing I see is Wyatt, Wyatt is standing there holding back Hannah and dragging her away from me.