"No, I'm not letting you do this. If anyone can relate to the thoughts and feelings you have, it's Bucky. You know what he's been through. He'll understand."

Wanda wiped your tears from your cheeks and pulled you into a tight hug. You knew she was right. If there was anyone in the compound that could understand the way you felt, it would be Bucky. It should be easy to talk with him about things like that. However, the fact that you were madly in love with him made it difficult to bare your scarred heart to him.

Taking a breath, you calmed your racing heart as best you could and nodded against Wanda's shoulder. You couldn't keep living your life scared. Never having the courage to chase after the things you wanted just because you were scared wouldn't get you anywhere. You had to start somewhere and, giving a relationship with a man you love a chance, that seemed like a pretty good place to start.

"I love you, Wanda. I honestly don't know what I'd do without you."

"I know. Now either show me what's in your closet or let's go shopping. I'm going to make sure you look spectacular for your date." She leaned back and grinned at you.

~

"Wanda, are you sure I shouldn't cancel?" You asked nervously as you slipped into the skinny jeans and red sweater Wanda had picked out for you.

"If you ask that one more time, I swear I will hold you down and beat you until you realize that this is a good thing. Stop trying to get me to talk you out of this, Y/n." Wanda grumbled.

"Okay. Sheesh, no need to get violent." You walked out of your bathroom and held your arms out. "Do I look okay?"

"You look beautiful." Wanda smiled.

"Are you sure this is good? What if I was supposed to be more...dressy?"

"I already talked to Bucky and he said something comfortable."

Wanda messed with your hair as you tugged at the fitted sweater. If you had it your way, you would've worn an oversized t-shirt and hoodie. The sweater was simple and beautiful, but the tighter fit and v-neck that exposed the slightest hint of cleavage made you feel exposed. You felt like every flaw you had was on display under the taut fabric. Fear that Bucky would take one look at you and feel disgusted crept into your mind and you felt yourself begin to flush with panic.

"Y/n, look at me, honey." Wanda titled your chin up and saw that your eyes were lined with tears. "Bucky thinks you're gorgeous. No matter what you think, that man loves you for you."

"How can you be so sure?" You whispered.

"Mind reader, duh." She smirked, making you laugh. "Oh, he's here!"

Wanda bolted towards the door, opening before Bucky could knock, as you wiped at your eyes. You followed behind her and took a deep breath before meeting Bucky's eyes. His gaze roamed over you and his lips parted as his eyes reconnected with yours.

"You look pretty as a picture, doll."

"I'm going to go. Have fun on your date." Wanda said as she squeezed past Bucky.

"I–uh, I got you something." Bucky held a rectangular shaped gift wrapped in simple brown paper out to you.

"You didn't have to do that." You said, taking the gift from his hand.

"I know, but I thought you'd like it. Open it up."

You tore at the paper until the most beautiful book you had ever seen was revealed. On the onyx cover were your initials embossed in swirling gold cursive. When you flipped it open, the thick pages were lined and empty, ready for you to pour your heart out. On the inside cover was a note from Bucky.