I thanked her as I examined a few of my wet strands. Unlike yesterday, my hair was now out and cascading down my spine.

"If you ever need help washing it, let me know," Emma stated.

Lucy scrunched up her nose. "Ew. Sayora doesn't need your grimy hands in her luscious curls."

"My hands aren't grimy. Don't be rude, you pig-headed dummy."

"I'm not a dummy, but I'm sure Sayora doesn't need your fat fingers thumbing about in her hair. Did you not see the way she prepped it last night? No wonder it's so long and full."

Everly and I snickered as we listened to them. "You both argue over the silliest things. Only children bicker as much as you two," she stated.

"Just admit you're boring and move on. Your life would be dull without us."

"Yes, Lucy, but my days would also be far less chaotic."

"Oh, boo-hoo, get over it," Lucy splashed her.

"No, you get over it." Everly splashed her back, and they started going back and forth. Emma joined in, and I turned away to shield my face and ears from the onslaught of water. Once I did, I nearly gasped when I saw Rosie, the girl from yesterday, conversing with someone.

I quickly went to her, treading through the thick water. "Hi, Rosie," I waved as I approached her. She looked me up and down, almost as if she didn't want to respond, but she did.

"Hey, new girl, how was your first day?" She asked, referring to yesterday.

"It was good. It went better than expected. I enjoyed myself."

Rosie snorted. "You enjoyed yourself?"

"Yes, well, I—"

"You enjoyed shoveling pig shit?" She started laughing, which prompted her friend to join in.

"No, I've been working in the gardens."

"The gardens? Why would Ms. Rita put you in the gardens?" Her eyes grew big, and her lip curled in distaste. "Did you get on your knees and lick her boots to acquire such a position?"

Rosie's tone caught me off guard. I wasn't sure how to respond, so I stood motionless for a second. Once I gathered my wits, I turned and tried to leave, but she cleared her throat and placed her hand on my shoulder.

"I'm joking, relax."

"That didn't sound like a joke to me. Jokes are supposed to be funny, and your words weren't."

"Well, they were to me, so loosen up."

"Rosie, leave the poor girl alone," her friend spoke. My eyes floated to her, and I frowned when I saw that she was staring at my breasts, which were visible above the water. "Have you had a babe recently?"

"W-What?"

"I mean, aren't your breasts engorged with milk, and that's why they're so large?"

"Sasha!" Rosie exclaimed. My eyes snapped back to Rosie, and despite her reprimanding tone, the smirk on her face revealed she was amused. My frown deepened severely. They were taunting me, but why? I haven't done anything to warrant their snide remarks.