🆁

Halfway across the city, around 2am, someone returned from a long day of work- he shut the front door of his single room apartment quickly, scrambling to find his phone and check his notifications. 

    He had messed up. Had he had messed up bad

    In a rushed manner, he frantically checked the doors and windows making sure they were locked and covered before he washed his hands. He turned on the sink with his teeth and waited for the water to gush out, then he removed his gloves and proceeded to wash his hands.

     When he finished he let them airdry as he left the bathroom and headed to his closet. Thoughts spiraled in his mind as he picked up his needles and dolls and rushed to his bedroom, checking all the doors and windows to make sure they were locked and covered before he sat down on the floor.

    "That stupid thing." He muttered as he fished out of his pocket for a small zip lock bag with fragments of snipped brown hair covered in now dried blood. Alarms were firing in his head and his breathing started to pick up pace as he noticed how dirty his hands had become with the cross contamination of hair and blood. 

    Under his bed, he pulled out a clay bowl and opened a steel box that revealed various powders that could've been mistaken for spices. His brown skinned hand reached in, bony fingers steadily taking a pinch of powdered dried blood and another substance. 

    "Oh no no no," He anxiously said. Despite his steady hands, he was really trying to rack his brains to remember how to preform the ritual. His free hand took out a doll and he stitched the hair he got from his job into it.

    "What was his name again? " He said under his breath, and then gasped. "Ethan Choi. " He nodded repeated as he gently tore the stitches at the dolls stomach using a needle and pricked himself with the same object. 

    He watched his blood drop down into the straw like stuffing, and when he was done, he smeared the remaining dried blood on his forehead and stitched the doll back up while chanting in another language. 

    After a few minutes, the room suddenly got cold and a foul odor had suddenly appeared in the room. Seconds later, he suddenly grew tired- that's when he knew that it had worked. Small relief had managed to sink in as he light a match nearby and place the doll and match in the bowl. 

    "Eku, ore. " He frowned at the doll as he watched it crumble and die in in the fire.