Battle on the Bridge! Zabuza Returns!

Start from the beginning

"Is that for the sake of somebody? Or is it for your own sake?" "Huh?" The girl held in a laugh. "What's so funny?!" "Do you have somebody precious in your life?" "Precious...? What is it you want to say, sis?" The two of them sat in silence as the girl thought back to when she was a kid.

Flashback

It was snowing slightly and there was a homeless kid sitting next to a dumpster. She was dirty and was wearing old clothes. Just then a man walked up and threw his trash into the dumpster and the kid quickly began to dig through it looking for food. A homeless dog then appeared and started to bark at the kid. The dark was dirty and skinny. The girl then attacked the dog, sending it flying back. The girl turned back to the trash but more growling and barking was heard behind her. Turing back to the dog she saw two pups standing in front of it protectively. The dog then began to get up, also growling at her.

The girl was now sitting a a bridge. It was still snowing. A shadow then covered her. Looking up the kid saw that it was a Shinobi who had bandages covering his mouth and neck looking at her.

Flashback ended

The girl looked up from the ground, at Naruto. 'What is it?' "When a person has something precious they want to protect... that's when they can truly become strong." Naruto looked at her wide eyed and thought back to when Kakashi said he would protect them and to when Iruka protected him. "Yeah! I know that well too!" The girl stood up and grabbed her basket. "You'll get strong." "Yeah!" "I hope we meet again somewhere." The girl began walking away before stopping. "Oh... and... I'm a man!" Naruto was incredibly shocked. 'That can't be! He's cuter than Sakura.'

Sasuke was walking up to Naruto when he passed the girl. He stopped and looked back at her as Naruto thought of what just happened. "Why that's strange. This world is full of mystery..." Sasuke harshly hit him on the head. "Ouch. Hey! What're you doing?!" Sasuke crossed his arms. "Did you forget about mealtime you idiot?" "Huh? Hehe." Sasuke looked at him weirdly because of Naruto's reaction.

"Naruto?" You yelled. You and Kakashi were currently looking for your two teammates that still hadn't come back. "Where are they?" Just then a Kuni flew down from above and landed right in front of you and Kakashi. Looking up the two of you saw Naruto laying on a tree branch the was at the top of a tree. "He did it. Good job, Naruto! I knew you could do it!" You yelled. "How 'bout that, how 'bout that?! As for me, I can climb this high now!" Naruto then jumped up but his foot slipped and he lost his balance and started to fall. "Naruto!" "This is bad!" Naruto then caught himself, his feet sticking to the bottom of the branch. "Gatcha!" "Damn it, Naruto! Don't scare us like that!" You yelled. 'He's grown a little, eh.' Kakashi thought before Naruto actually fell shocking the both of you.

"Ahhhhhh!" Sasuke ran up the tree next to the one Naruto was on, and jumped towards Naruto grabbing his ankle and sticking to the branch. "You idiot." "Sasuke...?" The two of you sighed in relief. "Good job, Sasuke!" 'These kids really are growing.' The two of them then climbed down the tree with Naruto running up to you as soon as his feet hit the ground. "What'd you think of that, Sakura? Pretty impressive, eh?" "You fell off the branch and Sasuke had to save you." Naruto made a face. "He, well... Wait! I almost forgot!" Naruto started to run away. "Wait here, Sakura!" "Huh?" The three of you looked at Naruto confused as to why he ran away.

"Sakura-Chan!!!" You turned your head to where you heard Naruto's voice come from, and saw him carrying... herbs! Your eyes widened in shock. "Where did you get these!?" You yelled in shock as Naruto skidded to a stop in front of you while Sasuke and Kakashi looked at the two of you, confused on what they were seeing. "A girl helped me pick them! They're for you!" "Aww. Thank you, Naruto!" You gave him a quick kiss on the cheek and started to inspect the herbs. Sasuke's fist clenched and he glared at Naruto, filled with a feeling he didn't quite understand. Naruto looked to be in a daze. It was as if he couldn't process what had just happened. You looked at him in the eyes. "Naruto..." "Yeah?" "Thank you." Naruto started at your face. Your face that showed genuine gratitude and happiness, all because of what he did. In Naruto's eyes flowers had appeared around your smiling face further accentuating your beauty.