Chapter 7: You've always been you

(Narrator's POV)

With Connie next to him clasping his hand to comfort him, Steven began to tell the Gems what took place on Homeworld. He knew that it wouldn't be easy and it certainly wasn't a moment he wanted to revisit. But he knew he had to in order to truly move on from it.

"So I already mentioned you guys being under White Diamond's mind control, so I guess that's a good starting point. After you all fell under White's control, Connie tried to fight Pearl but didn't get very far until she was beaten, leaving me alone with White. Then.....she picked me up and.....pulled my Gem out of me." Steven explained as the Gems gasped in pure shock and fear.

"WHAT?!? THAT TWISTED, EVIL UPPERCRUST TYRANT!!!" Bismuth yelled, fury clear in her voice as Pearl placed a hand on her shoulder, trying to calm her down.

"Let him finish, Bismuth. Go ahead and continue, Steven. What happened next?" The Pale Gem asked as Steven sighed, knowing the next part wouldn't be the easiest to explain.

"Well....I was still alive. But I wasn't even able to stand. But...my Gem....what came out of it....or rather who came out of it...." Steven began to say....

"Was it.....?" Pearl began to say until a look from Garnet and Amethyst immediately told her to keep quiet.

"It wasn't Mom...it...was me. What came out the Gem was me. This Gem...has always been mine. I've always been my own person. I've always been me. And as crazy as this may sound, it took White Diamond doing that to me to get me to realize that."  Steven said with a smile as Garnet now had tears in her eyes.

"We could have told you that, Steven. You are and always have been our baby boy, not some carbon copy of your mother. We love you for who you are and for what you've done for us and everyone else." The fusion said.

"Yeah dude. You've always been one of us. You've always been family. All White Diamond did was further prove that fact....and I must be going crazy because I'm actually giving her credit for something." Amethyst said as Lapis and Peridot couldn't help but laugh.

Pearl was silent as could be. While everyone else was accepting of what Steven had said, the Pale Gem was quiet. Almost as if she was the only one who couldn't fully accept that the Gem she loved for so long was gone.

"Pearl.....are you all right?" Steven asked as Pearl just looked at him before heading into her room, much to the anger of Amethyst.

"What's her problem?!? She STILL can't let go of the past?!? Steven just opened up to us like she had been crying about for days and yet now she wants to act like that?!? Ugh!" The Purple Gem exclaimed as Lapis shook her head.

"That's Pearl for you. Nothing more than a Gem stuck in her old ways. She'll never change. We accept you and love you for who you are, Steven." The blue Gem said as she hugged the hybrid and gave him a quick peck on the forehead, causing him to blush.

"Yeah. She's a Clod. Don't let her get to you, Steven." Peridot said as Garnet shook her head.

"Pearl just needs some time to process all of this. But if she reacts negatively, there will be consequences. That much I can promise." The fusion said as Connie kissed Steven on the cheek.

"Better now?" She asked as Steven smiled.

"Yeah. Thanks Connie." He replied as she pulled him in for a hug as the Gems smiled at the two.

Steven was at peace once more...

At least for now.

Steven finally came clean. As for Pearl, I envisioned that she'd be the one who would have the hardest time accepting it.

Anyway see ya next chapter!

Craftfury

Jss2141

Connverse636

Stormphibia

XxHound_Of_BloodxX

JuanitasUniverse