6-1 From the Ashes... or Trash

"Gh...!" Makoto's eyes shot open followed by his body shooting up. Looking around, he was in an unfamiliar place

 Looking around, he was in an unfamiliar place

Finally... I could finally feel my mind and body start to come back together again. And then...I was awake. Or...was this just another dream? A dream...inside a hopeless nightmare.

"No...this isn't a dream." I could tell, because the stench invading my nostrils was too powerful for a dream. "What an awful smell... This must be some kind of...underground garbage pit."

A heck of a situation to find myself in. But that was just the beginning of my problems... Was I going to be stuck in there till I wasted away and died? "No, I can't let that happen...! Not after what my good friend went through to save me!" He remembered full well what had happened. Finding the body of the hidden student, being deemed guilty, and being damned to his fate only for Alter Ego to save him "So I can't give up now! For myself, and for my friend!"

With a quickly reignited determination to survive, he began searching for a way out. In doing so he found a myriad of different junk, but an exit wasn't among them. A rocket, a tank, a desk, an airplane, but no exit. He tried the door at the top of the stairs, but of course *Rattle rattle* it was locked. Pushing, pulling, kicking, nothing made the door budge. "Getting out of here isn't gonna be that easy..."

Though, not having an exit didn't deter him. He began a search for food, but "There's plenty of food here, but it's all rotten..." came up fruitless. Then water "How can I be sure which liquids I can drink, and which ones are an all-around bad idea...?" still no luck. 

"I feel like I'm blocked in on all sides." But that's still not enough reason to give up. Because...! "Because I'm still alive! As long as I'm alive, I'll never give up!" Without being able to eat or drink, he chose to conserve his energy and went to sleep.

********************************

*GACRUNCH*

🎵 The Voice Someone Calls

[Persona 3 Reload]

"What the-!?" Makoto was startled awake by the sound of trash hitting the ground from above, echoing throughout the garbage pit. "Did something fall down over there...? Did a giant piece of trash just fall down here...?"

The trash started moving as two voices rang out of it "A giant piece of trash? Rude." "After we came all the way down here. It's not an easy fall, you know" Kyoko and Quill emerged.

"This place smells awful." Kyoko complained

"It is literally a garbage pit" Quill said

"K-Kyoko!? Quill!?" Makoto looked back and forth between them