all the good girls go to hell

Start from the beginning

Ishita looked up at me, she was much shorter than I was, and it was humorous. "We have to be the bigger people, Mai-" she was about to give me one of her pep talks again, before I got up, dusting down my leather skirt.

"We can be the bigger people after breaking his front teeth, Ish," I shot her a smile, as I got up, tossing her a candy bar. She shot me an exasperated glare, before getting up from her chair and clicking her Mary Janes. I could feel every person in the common room's eyes on the two of us.

"You owe me for this, Maia," she said, curtly, and I gave out a snicker in exchange. Ambrose Kensington was going to pay for this.

Frankly, Ambrose and I had a pretty bad history in middle school. I wondered if he was still stuck on it. I wondered if that was the reason he constantly tried to make everyone hate me.

Back in middle school, there was a time when Ambrose and I were friends. We used to sit together during literature class and laugh at each other's jokes. I thought we'd started liking each other. On Valentine's Day, he'd asked me out, and I'd said yes.

We even went out. The next day, Ambrose strolled into class with a new girl on his arm, saying it was all a stupid dare. Saying that he never actually liked me. I'd dumped a glass of iced coffee on him. We stopped talking after that. I didn't understand why he was still so bothered by something he started.

I walked past the common room doors, Ish following after me. Unfortunately, Ambrose belonged to a different house, he belonged to Armani, while both Ish and I belonged to Prada. The houses at Westview were named after luxury fashion brands, every student was given a uniform designed by the brand they were given.

Westview was a school made by the elites, for the elites. Every person who ever attended was either extremely smart or extremely rich.

"He'll be around in the halls," Ish said, reassuringly. As if he'd be strolling around after plastering that ugly picture of me.

I knew Ambrose, Ambrose knew me. He knew I'd come after him. "We'll get into the Armani dorms, don't worry," I shot her a wink.

The two of us rushed down the staircase, the Armani dorms were on the eighth floor, two floors below our dorms.

Madelyn Winchester stood at the entrance, animatedly talking to someone. She was a year younger than I was, and she was Armani's prefect. She rarely opened her mouth, unless she was asked to.

I watched as she scanned the IDs of the Armani students, cocking her eyebrow as she noticed the two of us. Madelyn was smart, I knew she'd figure out why exactly we were here. I prayed she wouldn't be a prick about it.

"Maia, Ishita," she said, politely. She slightly shrunk back, and I swore I saw her bite the inside of her cheek. "These are...the Armani dorms?" she said, questioningly, as if she didn't know why we were here.

I noticed Ish opened her mouth to string together some formal, authoritative words she often tossed around, but I gave her a small glance.

"Madelyn, you do know about the whole poster thing, don't you? Girls support girls, don't they? You wouldn't want to let a liar and hating loser like Ambrose get away with insulting a girl, would you?" I said, smiling.

That got Madelyn, who anxiously fiddled with her fingers, contemplating whether to let us in or not. She seemed close to terrified.

"Don't blame me, okay?" She said, as she scanned her ID, the door to the common room opened the minute she scanned it. Ish and I gave her a polite smile, as we got in.

The Armani dorms were colder than ours, the walls painted a dull shade of gray. The chatter was still lively in the common room, as the two passages separated the girls' dormitories from the boys'.